News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

post XMPP Obi 110 Call centric/Google Voice

Started by dom1, April 10, 2014, 12:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom1

I have Obi 110 set up with Callcentric DID and Google Voice. Can  I sign up with Callcentric $6.95 500 minute plan for outgoing calls and still use Google voice with my Obi? What are the changes I need to make in GV and Obitalk? Thanks

gderf

You will need to make the SP you configured for Callcentric the primary for outgoing calls and once Google voice ends XMPP support you may as well delete the SP you have configured for Google Voice.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

dom1

I appologize if this is a stupid question but, that sounds like I can't use google voice but I would have incoming and outgoing calls?  Thanks

gderf

You won't be able to use Google Voice directly with your OBi. You already made the decision to purchase outgoing minutes with Callcentric, and you already have your OBi configured for Callcentric because you have one of their DIDs. So you can make outbound calls via Callcentric.

For incoming calls to your Google Voice number, just have them forwarded to your Callcentric DID. You do this on your Google Voice page. You can also have incoming calls dialed to your Callcentric DID if you give that number out to people.

Again, since your OBi can not communicate with Google Voice in either direction once XMPP is shut off, you may as well delete the SP for it in your OBi. It will be completely non-functional, you may as well remove it and free up an SP slot that you my want to use for other purposes.

dom1

I think I'm getting this slowly. I already have the DID set up as SP 2, GV is already forwarding calls to the GV number to it. Calls made to GV ring my home phone via OBI, I  don't need to do anything there. For outgoing I need the CC 500 minute plan "spoof" it so my GV number appears as the CID. But do I need to do anything in the OBI set-up to make outgoing calls from my home phone handset? Thanks

dircom

as gderf said

"You will need to make the SP you configured for Callcentric the primary for outgoing calls and once Google voice ends XMPP support you may as well delete the SP you have configured for Google Voice."

Pram

I have Obi 110 set up with Callcentric DID as SP 2

On GV I have forwarded to my Callcentric #

I plan to use my laptop/gmail dial pad for all my out going calls.

How do I use GV Answering (as present setup) after May 15th?

gderf

AFAIK, Gmail dialpad makes calls from your PC, not a telephone instrument. You will need either a headset with mic, or speakers/earphones and microphone to use it.

Pram

I can do 'callback' from Google voice to my phone (handset) for dial out any phone #, no need for head set, microphone, speakers....

koo100

How do you do call back from GoogleVoice Contacts?  Does it still work after 5/15?
Current setup:
SP1: GV (XMPP)
SP2: CC (incoming) with GV forward to this number.

Currently, I go to Goolgle contact on pc (My Google Voice Inbox always on),  and click on the phone to dial-out,  it will ring my phone connected to obi200.  I press talk,  it will connect to the other party.

After May 15 setup:
SP1: localphone
SP2: CC (incoming) with GV forward to this number.

Can I still use GoogleContact as call back to connect to third party?

MyTE

I had looked into Call Centric but I switched over from Google Voice to Vestalink http://www.vestalink.com/#_l_b2 which has the best price compared to the alternatives.  It also provides all the features of Google Voice and more. You can also keep your # with Google Voice and have Google Voice forward the calls to your Vestalink # and Vestalink can Spoof your Google Voice # for the caller id for outgoing calls or just port your # over and they waive the $10 fee for Google Voice # ports.