News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does anyone know how to port a google voice number to Anveo?

Started by Rock269, April 10, 2014, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock269

Oh boy, I went and done it again! Because google voice is discontinuing obihai service May 15th I thought I would get a jump on things and I switched to Anveo. When I did this I thought my google voice number(which was my previous landline number) would automatically port. Wrong!!! Has anyone had any experience porting their google voice number to Anveo? If so, PLEASE help me as Anveo gave me a new number and I want to keep my previous landline number which I have had for 30+ years. Thank you in advance for any help you might give me!

MikeHObi

Anveo has a FAQ entry for this.
https://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_did_portin

Read the FAQ, there is a form for you to download and fill out linked there.  Note you must first unlock your google voice number and provide a screen cap showing that it is unlocked to Anveo when you send them the form.

when ported the number will show up on your account, it can take a number of days.  Then you can cancel the other number that you added.  Or you might contact anveo after you send in the form and see if they can just handle the number change on your account for you.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

AlanB

I had no problems porting from GV to Anveo. I'm very pleased with the Anveo service.

In addition to the previous reply see this link http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.0 for more discussion related to this topic.

Rock269

Thank you Mike! I emailed them the form as well as a screen shot of my google voice number being "unlocked" and they'll take care of the rest.

Rock269

Thank you Alan B.. I'm happy to hear you're pleased. I hope I am too. There was a couple of issues with google voice, like some 877 numbers not working due to transient fees. I was wondering if this will be true with Anveo? Anyway, I had to get rid of GV due to the May 15th deadline. I hope this works out for me!

Rock269

For anybody else that clicked before they thought, like I did, here is what I got from Anveo support:

To port Google Voice number you need to do the following 1. Login into Google Voice and unlock the number for porting (google will charge $3 port out fee) 2. Take screenshot showing your phone number is unlocked 3. download Porting Authorization Form from http://www.anveo.com/Anveo_CustomerLOA.pdf 4. select USA and select REPLACE the number options 5. email compelted form along with a screenshot to lnp@anveo.com 6. in about 5-7 days the number will be ported and will replace the number assigned by Anveo.

I haven't got the $3 port out fee YET... :o

c3c3

Quote from: Rock269 on April 11, 2014, 02:05:38 PM
I haven't got the $3 port out fee YET... :o

Since you ported the number into GV (and paid Google to do so), there is no port out fee.

BTW, I have not received any forum notification emails for a long time.  Is there anyone still getting those emails?

MPWith

When you are in transition, meaning that GV has not been ported to the point of them actually having the phone number, will you receive phone calls from the GV number?

Is there a way to have the GV number enabled during the transition, or do you simply lose service for that period.

Wondering how people handle this 'down time.'

Thanks.

AlanB

Quote from: MPWith on April 15, 2014, 05:12:27 AM
When you are in transition, meaning that GV has not been ported to the point of them actually having the phone number, will you receive phone calls from the GV number?

Is there a way to have the GV number enabled during the transition, or do you simply lose service for that period.

Wondering how people handle this 'down time.'

Thanks.
There is no downtime. Anveo will assign you a temporary number. Set up GV to forward to that number. Your number will stay with GV until ported. There may be a few minutes downtime but it should not be more than that.

mystic7muse

With the OBI device when a Google Voice to Anveo port is complete does it just start working or is there a reboot of the OBI and other setup steps required?

SteveInWA

No, it doesn't just start working.

Think of it like this:  you used to live at 123 Anywhere Lane.  The USPS delivered your mail to that address.  You then move to 456 Better Place.  You need to tell the USPS that you moved so you'll get your mail.

You need to delete the SPx configuration on your OBiTALK dashboard, and then set up that same SPx to use Anveo.