News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink auto script & Google

Started by callhome, April 13, 2014, 10:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callhome

I used the VL auto setup on my OBI100 and all is well. My OBI is not registered on the OBI portal. I'm trying to manually set up GV on profile 2 just for grins and practice. Lots of practice and no grins yet. I'm using the info at :
http://blog.voipdiy.com/2013/06/manually-configure-google-voice-on.html
as a guideline. Sounded really simple. My OBI status is: Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI
Does anyone know if the VL auto setup messes with profile 2 so a simple manual setup will not work?
Thanks

BigJim_McD

If you want to configure Vestalink on SP1 and then configure additional port(s) for another VoIP service on any OBi device I recommend using "OBiTALK".  

Start by resetting the OBi device to factory default then use OBiTALK to configure SP1 for Vestalink on SP1 by selecting the Generic Service option.  Use your Vestalink Sip Credentials from the Vestalink .com "Softphone/BYOD" section.

I have setup a OBi202, a OBi110 and a OBi100 using OBiTalk for various combinations of Vestalink, voip.ms and for Google Voice without any issues.  I have made configuration changes several times testing different service providers and as long as I reset the OBi device to factory default before  provisioning SP1, I haven't had any issues.

I did try using the Vestalink OBi Setup Tool once but was not successful setting up any additional services on the other Service Provider Port(s).
BigJimMcD

ceg3

Quote from: callhome on April 13, 2014, 10:35:12 AM
I used the VL auto setup on my OBI100 and all is well. My OBI is not registered on the OBI portal. I'm trying to manually set up GV on profile 2 just for grins and practice. Lots of practice and no grins yet. I'm using the info at :
http://blog.voipdiy.com/2013/06/manually-configure-google-voice-on.html
as a guideline. Sounded really simple. My OBI status is: Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI
Does anyone know if the VL auto setup messes with profile 2 so a simple manual setup will not work?
Thanks

If you use the Vestalink easy setup tool you will not be able to manually setup your OBi.  Here is what can work.  Completely delete your OBi from OBiTALK, then dial ***81 to factory reset your OBi.  Reinstall your OBi in OBiTALK.  Then get your VL settings from their portal and manually configure VL and GV.  I did the same thing and it works fine.  Once you run the VL tool you have to delete and reinstall your OBi.

callhome

I thought maybe I could just modify profile 2 but I just did as you 2 suggested and all works fine now.
I was trying to stay away from the Obi portal but I guess not yet.
Thanks for the info!