News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to switch service to "SP1"

Started by John123Drury, April 13, 2014, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John123Drury

Hi everyone - I guess I'm a bit late in the game, as I JUST found out about GV no longer working with Obi in May.  Tonight I signed up for "PhonePower".  On the Obi dashboard, the service was placed into the "SP2" slot.  I deleted the Google Voice (SP1) slot thinking that the new service would automatically move up to 'SP1'.  But it hasn't.  It still remains at SP2.

Since I won't be using GV anymore, is there a way to MOVE this new PhonePower service up to the SP1 slot?  One reason is I don't like the double-ring that our phone is now doing.  Anytime there is an incoming call, it does a double-ring (4 times in a row; 8 rings total).  I'm assuming that's because it's configured as SP2 (unless I'm wrong...please correct me if I am).  So I'd like to go back to single-ringing if I can.

I spent the past 40 minutes trying to find an answer but couldn't.  So any tips would be appreciated.  Thank you!

AlanB

You are correct about the double ring although I think the defaults can be changed. Changing the SP would be easier though.

First delete SP2.  You will now have nothing configured.
Now select the approved service provider page and select Phone Power.

On the bottom left is a blue button which says "To restore a Phone Power account click here"

Taoman

Or you can just switch your ring profiles if the ring is all you're worried about.

Voice Services>SP1 Service>X_RingProfile = change to be B
Voice Services>SP2 Service>X_RingProfile = change to be A

Done.

John123Drury

Thanks to you both.  I really appreciate it!

AlanB

Quote from: Taoman on April 13, 2014, 09:44:21 PM
Or you can just switch your ring profiles if the ring is all you're worried about.

Voice Services>SP1 Service>X_RingProfile = change to be B
Voice Services>SP2 Service>X_RingProfile = change to be A

Done.
I didn't realize it was that easy. Thanks.