News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use my OBi110 to route ip dialing to the PSTN Line

Started by majed@adwani.com, April 28, 2011, 05:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

majed@adwani.com

Hi,

Can someone help me configure my OBi110 to accept ip dialed calls without and SIP provider to my PSTN line connected to the device.

Basically, I want to use a sip app on my iPhone to ip dial my Obi110 and connect to the local pstn to dial a local number with 8 digits.

The example is that if i'm in the UK and need to call France and access my local PSTN line.

Do I have to change the DigitMap and X_InboundCallRoute, and OutboundCallRoute setting? if so what will they be for an 8 digit local number?

Any help is appreciated.

shap

Why not use ObiOn application on iPhone ? Otherwise you will need to open port 5060 to the internet  - and the chances you will be attacked on this port are quite high.

ObiOn application will provide you an option to call local PSTN numbers through your Obi110. The only issue that you may encounter is latency - as in this case the communication is done using ObiTalk servers in US, and you are in Europe...

I wish ObiTalk servers be installed in Europe as well, and we have an option to define in Obi110 device "preferred" server based on location...

majed@adwani.com

I can use  a voip s/w such as Zoiper on my mac and can ip dial into my pstn line, but can't do the same on my iPhone, I used several apps but they mostly work from within my wifi network.

Any help is appreciated.

RonR

The simplest way to configure the OBi would be an InboundCallRoute rule on the service where the inbound call originates.  This rule would route the inbound call to the Auto Attendant where the caller could place an outbound call.  If the inbound caller is not verified by his CallerID, you probably should enable PIN protection on the Auto Attendant to prevent unauthorized callers from making outbound calls at your expense.

Some InboundCallRoute rule examples:

{aa} : sends all inbound callers to the Auto Attendant

{12341234567:aa},{ph} : sends CallerID 12341234567 to the Auto Attendant, all others to the PHONE Port

{12341234567:aa},{sp2(18005551212)} : sends CallerID 12341234567 to the Auto Attendant, all others to 18005551212 via SP2