News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is it necessary to transfer GV number to Vestalink before May 14

Started by cleith, April 14, 2014, 09:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmiller

QuoteReally the only true reason I keep some kind of land/voip line is for e911. A cell phone cannot give emergency response your exact address automatically. Also, I want a non-mobile phone so anyone can just grab the house phone and dial 911 without knowing the physical address or in case the caller is unable to speak.

I pay a few extra bucks to get 500 minutes so I have the convenience of another phone around the house.

But really it's there for peace of mind in the event of a true emergency.

e911 is something I am considering.  As long as the power is on and internet up...

aopisa

Quote from: kmiller on April 16, 2014, 12:54:32 PM
QuoteReally the only true reason I keep some kind of land/voip line is for e911. A cell phone cannot give emergency response your exact address automatically. Also, I want a non-mobile phone so anyone can just grab the house phone and dial 911 without knowing the physical address or in case the caller is unable to speak.

I pay a few extra bucks to get 500 minutes so I have the convenience of another phone around the house.

But really it's there for peace of mind in the event of a true emergency.

e911 is something I am considering.  As long as the power is on and internet up...

Yes, not as reliable as a traditional POTS line, but still a step better than dialing 911 on a mobile phone under most conditions.