News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I auto provision TWO Anveo numbers in one account?

Started by Panachequeens, April 14, 2014, 11:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panachequeens

I just recently added a second phone number to my Anveo account and I am having trouble auto-provisioning the second number using SP2 pulldown menu from the Anveo button. It says it will clear data but when it logs into Anveo, it just sets up my original account; it does NOT give me the opportunity to auto-provison the second, new account. Any ideas? Thanks.

AlanB

To clarify did you add a second number to your account or create a second account?  Second question:  Anveo for Obitalk or regular?

CLTGreg

First, I don't know the answer to your question but I can tell you how it works for the full Anveo accounts (not sure which one you have but I'm assuming the Obihai version). For that you need a sub-accout and that isn't available for the new account type for Obihai. There is an option to add a batch of new users but I don't know if it works and I'm not willing to try it sense it is $7.50 per month (for 10).

Each "user" has their own account number but also has it's own E911 fee. In other words, if you can provision to another SP then you will pay the .80 per month for the privilege.

So if you are trying to have different numbers on different SPs then I do not think that can be done with the Obihai plan. If you have the full account you can by going under user administration. You can then move numbers around as long as you signed on to the primary account. Sub accounts need a unique e-mail address and they can log in to see available funds etc. Since you're probably going to be the one to manage both accounts there is a quick feature to allow you to assume the identity of the sub accounts.

Now, I'm not exactly sure of what you are doing because at you say you added a second number to the account and then later you say there is a "second, new account".

I have ran dual numbers using the method described above but not with the Obihai version. For the full version I used manual provisioning which I recommend except when auto can't be avoided. If you have the Obihai version of Anveo then you of course don't have a choice and I imagine even adding 10 users to the count would short circuit something.

Panachequeens

To clarify it is ONE account with my latest number part of the OBI deal and my original number being personal unlimited. Thank you all!

c3c3

Provisioning is based on the account, not phone number.  Since you have only one account, there is only one set of SIP credentials.  If you want to control the outgoing caller ID, you have to use the "*n" method that has been discussed in other threads.

N7AS

You should be able to get one sub account for free with your Anveo account. The sub account would have separate SIP credentials.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

CLTGreg

Quote from: N7AS on April 14, 2014, 02:11:22 PM
You should be able to get one sub account for free with your Anveo account. The sub account would have separate SIP credentials.

Have you done this? When going to the account admin page this is displayed:

"Based on your current subscription package you can manage up to 1 users. To manage more users you can upgrade your subscription or subscribe (modify) to 'Additional Users' add-on."

It doesn't say SUB accounts. So I take that to mean that manage up to 1 includes the account already listed. I don't want to go as far as trying to add a sub-account because I don't know what will happen.

N7AS

Quote from: CLTGreg on April 14, 2014, 07:01:41 PM

Have you done this? When going to the account admin page this is displayed:

"Based on your current subscription package you can manage up to 1 users. To manage more users you can upgrade your subscription or subscribe (modify) to 'Additional Users' add-on."

It doesn't say SUB accounts. So I take that to mean that manage up to 1 includes the account already listed. I don't want to go as far as trying to add a sub-account because I don't know what will happen.

From your Anveo Dashboard hover your mouse on the PBX tab and select Users/sub-accounts. From there you should be able to add one sub-account. If, by chance, there is a charge, you will be able to bail out. All I can say is that I was not charged. They will assign you an additional account number for that sup-account (Extension).
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

c3c3

You should be able to get one sub account for free with your Anveo account.

Not with the Obi-Anveo account.  Non-Obi account, yes.

Panachequeens

So, I am understanding this if I had set up an Obi Anveo account and then add a Personal Limited phone number which is NOT part of the Obi deal through that account I MIGHT be able to add a free sub account? I wonder because in theory it should be free since I am potentially adding a "non-Obi deal" phone number. This indeed looks complicated!

Panachequeens

Just checked this out - you are right; you cannot add a sub-account AT ALL with an Obi-Anveo account. Thus, the phone number I added through "manage your DID" now sits in purgatory; paid for but unusable.

c3c3

KAura

not only two incoming, but although not an
anveo customer have read that you can **
spoof your number on an outgoing call also.

AlanB

I agree with c3c3. The second number is usable.   Calling either number should work. As c3c3 also noted above you can call out with either number as well.

Panachequeens

I just cannot seem to get the new number provisioned in my Obi 202. I have contacted Anveo at this point and waiting.

AlanB

Panachequeens.  You earlier said that you have ONE account.  Therefore, you only provision the ONE account.  You are provisioning an account not a phone number.  Your account has two numbers.  Calling either of those numbers should trigger your OBI.  Have you tested this?

Panachequeens

Yes I have tested it. The newer number under the Personal Unlimited Plan does NOT work. The only number that works is the original one that was assigned to me when I signed up a few days ago for the Obi-Anveo plan.

To summarize:
I signed up for the special rate Obi-Anveo plan and provisioned Anveo through the Obi-Anveo portal (the only way to do this I believe). A day later I (foolishly) went to "order a new phone number" under the "manage your number" menu and was assigned a new number but on the Personal Unlimited Plan". As you say, the provisioning is done by ACCOUNT not number and the SIP credentials are locked so it seems I cannot register the newer number on my OBI 202 unless I PURCHASE a sub -account for new users which seem to be only available in minimum lots of 5. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the help Alan B!

AlanB

I know longer have two numbers so I may not be able to help any further. I don't think you need a sub account though.

On the Anveo website, go to the manage phone numbers section and then edit your Unlimited plan phone number.  Then select the call options tab.  What option is checked for "Call Handler"?

Panachequeens

For BOTH numbers (the Obi-Anveo plan and the Unlimited Personal) it is set to "use call flow". I DID explore this section on my own and was wondering if I can change a setting here to somehow register the second number on the Obi.

AlanB

Sorry for so many questions.    Are both numbers pointing to the same call flow?  There is an option to choose which one.