News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink OBi Easy Setup Tool nightmare

Started by erkme73, April 15, 2014, 06:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erkme73

I'll be the first to admit, hacking around within the OBi box's LAN IP GUI is beyond intimidating for me. 

I have two OBi 110s.  One (wife's) I set up manually - just entering the variables given from Vestalink's BYOD page.  The other (mine), I ran the OBi Easy Setup Tool, by pointing the page to the LAN IP of my box.  That, apparently, was a mistake.

Ever since, none of the speed dials work, and the service is flaky at best.  I tried to revert back to manually entering the variables (after restting the device to factory), but now all I get is "Service Not Configured" on the ObiTalk GUI.

When I log into the LAN IP of the boxes, and compare them, it's clear that mine is simply not provisioning with the data on the ObiTalk site.  Speed dials are empty, time zone is wrong, and a bunch of other things that are mismatched compared to wife's.

Is there a simple way to reset my OBI to be ready to accept the OBiTalk site's provisioning?  Where did I go wrong?

erkme73

In the time it took me to write up that initial post, the box must have phoned home.  It now shows registered with VL, and the speed dial fields are all populated correctly on the LAN IP gui.  False alarm... until next time.