News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Circle of trust question

Started by andyha, April 28, 2011, 09:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

Hello everyone. I have 2 questions:

1. If I have a google voice account on SP1 and a voip.ms account on SP2, when someone from my circle of trust initiates a call through my obi, which line will they be using?

2. If I am on the phone and a circle of trust caller initiates a call through my obi, will my call be interrupted?

Thanks for your time

RonR

1. Circle of Trust is implemented by CallerID checking at InboundCallRoute rules.  These rules also specify the destination, which might be the Auto Attendant for the caller to place his own outbound call (two-stage), or it might be a service where the caller has already given the desired number to call (one-stage).

2. New calls will not interrupt existing calls.  New calls will not go through if the necessary service is not available.

jimates

Quote from: RonR on April 28, 2011, 09:35:20 AM
1. Circle of Trust is implemented by CallerID checking at InboundCallRoute rules.  These rules also specify the destination, which might be the Auto Attendant for the caller to place his own outbound call (two-stage), or it might be a service where the caller has already given the desired number to call (one-stage).

2. New calls will not interrupt existing calls.  New calls will not go through if the necessary service is not available.

Note that GV supports 2 simultaneous sessions. This means if you are on a call on your sp1, another call can be routed out on sp1. I do not know about the limitations of voip.ms.