News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower Account One-Way Audio

Started by dwhitejazz, April 15, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwhitejazz

I need help tracking down an issue with my Obi202 and a new PhonePower account.  I still have a GoogleVoice configuration on SP1.  Recently, I switched my other GoogleVoice configuration to PhonePower on SP2.  The status is "Registered".  Unfortunately, the audio is always one-way.  Incoming calls - the caller can hear me but I cannot hear the caller.  Likewise, outgoing calls - the person I'm calling can hear me but I cannot hear them.

This does NOT seem to be a port-forwarding issue.  I tried all the recommended ranges listed on the PhonePower wiki for opening up the UDP/TCP ports.  I also tried moving the Obi202 unit itself into the DMZ and this did not work either.  Very frustrated.

My primary router is an AT&T U-Verse router 3800HGV-B.  I have a secondary Netgear WNDR3700v4 setup as the DMZ.  Tried port forwarding with Obi connected to either router.  Tried setting the Obi as the "DMZ Server" in the Netgear router.  Only the Netgear router has the option to "Disable SIP ALG".

Do not know what else to try.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

RussMyers

This is a wild shot, but have you set your Obi to Full Duplex?

==============
If OBi is connected to a 100Mbit port, force it to use 100Mbit Full duplex. From the phone connected to the OBi:

1. Dial *** 0
2. Enter option 27 and press #
3. Press 1 to set a new value
4. Enter a value of 1 and press #
5. Press 1 to confirm/save
6. Hang up the phone
=================

RM

Azar

I have the same issue (only reversed). I can hear people just fine, but they cannot hear me.

I am using an Obi110, hardware version 3.4, software version 1.3.0 build 2824.

dwhitejazz

I was able to resolve the one-way audio issue.  In my case I am using the Obi202 behind an AT&T U-Verse router which is very unfriendly for VOIP.  I cannot put the Obi202 in the DMZplus zone because that zone is occupied by a secondary router which delivers far better performance for HD streaming.

Therefore, I had to configure the Obi202 to use port-forwarding.  On the AT&T U-Verse router there is an option to setup an "Application Type" when applying port-forwarding.  My mistake was not leaving this dropdown blank but instead I had selected "SIP Telephony".  Unfortunately, this had the effect of applying the dreaded SIP-ALG setting to my port-forwarding settings.

Once I had fixed all my port-forwarding settings to not use an "Application Type" the problem with one-way audio went away.

Azar

For me, I simply disabled QoS in my Asus RT-12n (Tomato Firmware - Toastman version). I had previously played with it trying to resolve high amounts of jitter with the Obi when streaming Netflix.

Once I reverted to no QoS, it started working.

Thanks for your reply.

tomkruse

I've been having the problem for weeks.  So far Obi tech support has not been able to solve it.  I have Obi100 and am using Anveo.  The person I call or who calls me can hear me but I can't hear them.  I have a Linksys router. I have disabled SIP-ALG.  I tried the ***0 thing above, to no avail.  Tech support suggested I try a different router - I borrowed a Netgear from a friend,  same results. 

dwhitejazz

Is your Obi device in the DMZ zone of the router?  If not, then try that first.  I cannot put my Obi device there because it is already occupied by a secondary router.

If you're like me and cannot put the Obi device in the DMZ zone, then you must use port-forwarding to resolve one-way audio and other issues.  This is in addition to disabling SIP-ALG.  I use PhonePower so the list of ports that I am forwarding may not be applicable to you.  Anveo might have a different set of port ranges that need to be forwarded.