News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice not fowarding to Anveno??

Started by PennyCat, April 16, 2014, 08:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennyCat

I am using a an Aveno call flow which greets all callers with "hello" using the robot talk, then it forwards the call to my Obi device.  If it is not answered, the Anveo voicemail takes the call.

This works as expected when dialing the Anveo number directly. 

I have a number on google voice which is forwarded to my Anveo number (During setup, Google called my anveo number for verification , which rang my Obi and I entered the code)

However when calling that GV number, my Obi phone rings directly (not getting hello), and if I dont answer Google Voice picks up.  It seems like Google Voice is ringing my Obi directly and not calling my Anveo number.

What do you think is going on, and what can I do to fix it?

gderf

Do you have your Google Voice number set to forward to both your Anveo number and Google chat?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

PennyCat

PennyCat

FWIW, I tried using a new GV number and am getting the same results.  Is it possible the Obi has some leftovers that is hooking it directly to GV?

I tried doing a ***81 factory reset, but that didnt change anything.

gderf

The way you seem to want to operate does not require that your OBi be provisioned for Google Voice. If it is still set to operate with Google Voice, you should remove that SP from the configuration.

PennyCat

How can I tell if my Obi is provisioned to use GV?

Is there a "better" factory reset to completely reset the Obi?

gderf

Login to your OBi and examine the Voice Services / Service Providers.

PennyCat

gderf

Try disabling the Google Voice forward to Anveo and then call your GV number.

PennyCat

When I do that, the obi does not ring, but the calling phone hears rings for about 30 seconds then GV voicemail picks ups

AlanB

Quote from: PennyCat on April 16, 2014, 08:49:39 AM
I am using a an Aveno call flow which greets all callers with "hello" using the robot talk, then it forwards the call to my Obi device.  If it is not answered, the Anveo voicemail takes the call.

This works as expected when dialing the Anveo number directly.  

I have a number on google voice which is forwarded to my Anveo number (During setup, Google called my anveo number for verification , which rang my Obi and I entered the code)

However when calling that GV number, my Obi phone rings directly (not getting hello), and if I dont answer Google Voice picks up.  It seems like Google Voice is ringing my Obi directly and not calling my Anveo number.

What do you think is going on, and what can I do to fix it?
GV will not work with your robot talk. GV has a feature that detects fast pickup and will automatically route to GV voicemail. I had the same problem in the past when forwarding to CallCentric.   If you want to use the robot feature you will need to not use GV forwarding.

PennyCat

Would this apply to the using the IRoute applet as well?  I only used the robot because im trying to debug why this isn't working

AlanB

I've never tested iRoute, but I just looked at it.  I would think that it would work, unless it's routing to Anveo voicemail or any other feature that responds quickly.

What might work is to use the "Delay" Advanced Call Control, and add about three seconds.  That will slow down legitimate calls, but should be long enough to not trigger the GV quick answer check which sends you back to GV voicemail.  You could experiment with the delay time of course.

Let us know if this works.