News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai Star Codes - Phone Power

Started by karmutt, April 18, 2014, 09:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karmutt

Will I still be able to use all of the Obihai star codes when I move to a new provider? I was under the impression that I would be able to do so, but I spoke to someone at Phone Power the other day and they said no.

Is anyone using Phone Power and the Obihai star codes without issue? *98 (blind transfer) and *72 (call forward) are the ones I need to know will work. 

MurrayB

Keep in mind that the star codes go to the Obi and the Obi does it's thing with it, call forward etc. I found the opposite to be true than what you were told. Experimentally, I attempted to use the providers star codes for speed dial, VOIP.ms uses a four digit star code. The code hit the Obi and it was rejected.

My guess is that would be that the Obi star codes continue to function and you probably can forget about the the providers. The Obi will probably not pass them.

Of course this is just my observation and I would be thrilled to be enlightened further.

Good Luck!

karmutt

Thanks. This is what I thought - the Obihai acts as the control unit and it simply uses the provider to allow the call to be made. I was just hoping someone using Phone Power could verify.