News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Future9 Obi setup Problem/?s

Started by Polkadot, April 20, 2014, 12:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polkadot

So I've been reading these forums for over a week now and chosen Future9 as my new provider (thanks for all the reviews and opinions!).  I've now gone into my Obi setup and am attempting to set up Future nine as my SP2.  I choose Generic Service Provider.
I type Future-Nine into the Configuration Name.
I click Primary Line for Outgoing Calls.
I click Use for 911 (through Future9).
I fill in Service Provider Proxy Server as: incoming.future-nine.com

THEN per the directions I'm supposed to fill in Registrar server as: incoming.future-nine.com, but there isn't an option for registrar server.  There's only

Outbound proxy ?
Username (my login#)?
Password  (my original password, not web interface one, correct)?
URI?

How do I fill these in?

I've tried several methods, and I can never get to a point where I can edit any of the information under service providers.  It won't let me type in those fields (like changing the digit map), so I must be doing something wrong in the beginning.  Please forgive me for the noob questions.  I know enough to be dangerous, but really appreciate any help, and hopefully will be able to help someone else!

Taoman

Uncheck the boxes to the right of the field you are trying to edit.

Polkadot

Quote from: Taoman on April 20, 2014, 12:14:07 PM
Uncheck the boxes to the right of the field you are trying to edit.

I'm so dumb, I unchecked the obitalk settings, it automatically checked device default, and still didn't work, but then when I uncheck device default, it let's me type there... thank you, trying that now!! :)

Polkadot

Ok, so the unchecking thing will definitely help me, but I think now my problem has to do with the first part of the setup.  As I'm getting a 401 registration failed error.  The problem I think lies in that I'm not sure how to fill in these boxes (again I'm sorry, but truly appreciate help!):

Outbound proxy ?
Username (my login# to future9)?
Password (my original password, not web interface one which I changed, correct)?
URI?

mshumack

Did you see the instructions in this thread (the one below yours)?
Setup starts in the second posting at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7625.0

I am also (going to be) a Future-Nine user. Tomorrow my GV number is scheduled to be ported over. There's no turning back now.  So if you have any breakthroughs or lessons learned to share after your setup, please post back.

Are you setting up the Obi110 or other model?

Good luck

Taoman

Quote from: Polkadot on April 20, 2014, 12:44:44 PM

Outbound proxy ?
Username (my login# to future9)?
Password (my original password, not web interface one which I changed, correct)?
URI?

I don't have Future9 so I'm not sure about this. Nitzan needs to answer.

Try incoming.future-nine.com for outbound proxy
This is your SIP username. There should be somewhere in Future9 web portal that shows your SIP credentials?
Password is your SIP password, not your web login password.
I doubt you need URI but again, Nitzan needs to answer these questions.

Polkadot

Thank you so much Taoman, I think I've got it!  Mshumack, I am setting up an Obi110 (actually I'm doing it for a family member long distance which ads a few twists), and I've gotten instructions from all over and tried to put them all together.  So in hopes of helping whoever might be like me, and not fully understand all this, here goes what I've learned:

Sign up for Future9, pay, add a number, and check your sip credentials (you will need your "cardnumber" and your original "password".

Log in to Obitalk and set up SP1 or SP2 (whichever applies) as a Generic Service Provider.  Fill in Configuration Name (Future-Nine) and other options as you choose.  Then,

Service Provider Proxy Server:  incoming.future-nine.com
Outbound Proxy Server:  incoming.future-nine.com
User Name:  USE Future9 "cardnumber"
Password:  USE original password from future9 setup

Click submit, then click Home
Click Obi Expert Config, enter Obi Expert

Click Service Providers, then ITSP Profile A or B General (whichever one applies)
In the General Profile, edit the name to your name, and the Digit Map to:  (*xx.|911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) 
   (When doing this you need to uncheck the Obitalk box and then uncheck the device default boxes in order to edit these fields.)
Make sure to submit to save your changes.

Then go into your ITSP Profile (A or B) SIP, and make sure that your ProxyServer, RegistrarServer, and OutboundProxy are all "incoming.future-nine.com" and your UserAgentDomain is "sip.future-nine.com"  Again sumbit to save.

Finally go to Voice Service, choose SP1 or SP2 (whichever applies) and: 
X_KeepAliveEnable: yes
X_KeepAliveExpires: 60
AuthUserName: "your cardnumber"
AuthPassword: "original password"
  Submit

Hopefully I've gotten all this right without typos and it helps someone else, and again a HUGE thank you to those who were patient and helped including Nitzan who helped me get started!  :)

Polkadot

One final note for anyone who might be interested.  I had decided to not port right away, and do some testing with call forwarding.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what you might want to do), after doing a decent amount of testing, made the decision to port to Future9.  I happen to be one of the ones who the forward doesn't work quite so well, and I think it has to do with the delay.  Out of 4 calls in a row to GV#(exact same settings), I get 4 different results.  One goes direct to voicemail, one gets no answer just dead air and clicking, one can be answered as as it should, one is handled by the old fashioned answering machine which should pick up on 4 rings, but picks up on 3.  More calls provide results that just don't seem to be consistent in any way.  Hopefully it works out better for those of you wanting to forward... my advice.... test, test test... good luck!

And lastly... no issues whatsoever with placing/receiving calls directly through Future9, and the voice quality is great!

nitzan

Sounds like the issue(s) have been resolved - if you're still having any problems please let me know!

You can always click on the SIP INFO screen inside the web console to get your Obi username and password, by the way. :)
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

Michael_Reeder

Thanks to forum and Future Nine tech support I have one phone number working on an Obi110 and a second number ringing on two different Obi202s.  Voice quality is good so far.

A few tips:

Voicemail is dialed by dialing "9000".  If you dial a bunch of # after the 9000, voicemail picks up faster.  So I have my handset programmed to dial "9000######" then a pause and my password for voicemail.

Setting the number of rings until voicemail picks-up is obscure.  I can look-up the procedure if anyone is having trouble with it.

QUESTION:  Is there a way to get the handset (connected to Obihai device and Future Nine of course) to alert that there is voicemail waiting?  Google Voice used to do this.  I can live without it, but would be nice.

Thanks,
Michael

Durbhasa

@nitzan  (or others)

Would it be possible not to port the GV number, but rather just forward it to a (Future Nine provided) number?

I'd sort of like to keep my GV voicemail.

nitzan

Quote from: Michael_Reeder on April 21, 2014, 10:01:34 AMSetting the number of rings until voicemail picks-up is obscure.  I can look-up the procedure if anyone is having trouble with it.
Please see: http://www.future-nine.com/how-to.html

QuoteQUESTION:  Is there a way to get the handset (connected to Obihai device and Future Nine of course) to alert that there is voicemail waiting?  Google Voice used to do this.  I can live without it, but would be nice.
Yes- in the web console go to the Voicemail screen and enable VMWI. On your Obi go to Go to Voice Services > SP Service and enable:
MWIEnable: yes
X_VMWIEnabled: yes
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation

nitzan

Quote from: Durbhasa on April 21, 2014, 01:26:18 PMWould it be possible not to port the GV number, but rather just forward it to a (Future Nine provided) number?
Sure- just order a new number instead. Please keep in mind that voice quality and reliability is best when the number is hosted directly by us (but it is possible to forward GV to another number hosted with us).
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation

Michael_Reeder

Quote from: nitzan on April 21, 2014, 01:37:04 PM
Quote from: Michael_Reeder on April 21, 2014, 10:01:34 AMQUESTION:  Is there a way to get the handset (connected to Obihai device and Future Nine of course) to alert that there is voicemail waiting?  Google Voice used to do this.  I can live without it, but would be nice.
Yes- in the web console go to the Voicemail screen and enable VMWI. On your Obi go to Go to Voice Services > SP Service and enable:
MWIEnable: yes
X_VMWIEnabled: yes

Nitzan -- Thank you for outlining this process! 

It worked well with one exception below.

For my Obi110 device on my home phone number and the first of my two Obi202s utilizing my business number this worked great.  All please note that you may need to be patient -- completing these changes and rebooting my Obi devices in the first few hours after making the setting changes had no effect.  I had to let this sit overnight.  In the morning, I rebooted the Obi devices and then I was able to see voicemail waiting alerts.  Once working, the alerts appear and disappear quickly as voicemail is left and deleted.

For my 2nd Obi202 device (with an extra digit "2" on the end of my User Name) this is NOT working.

I may need to take this private to Future Nine support if this is getting too in the weeds for a general Obihai discussion.

-- Michael

Michael_Reeder

I should mention a neat feature Future9 is using that I don't think has been mentioned here.

Future9 is utilizing the Cloud Softphone App for Android and iPhone.

It is an easy download, and an extremely easy configuration as Cloud Softphone takes a camera photo of a graphical code on your computer screen within the Future9 admin system in order to automatically set-up and config the App without you having to do anything!

I have it successfully working on my Android smartphone, Android tablet, and wife's iPad.

-- Michael

nitzan

Quote from: Michael_Reeder on April 22, 2014, 12:32:17 PMFor my 2nd Obi202 device (with an extra digit "2" on the end of my User Name) this is NOT working.
Should be fixed now. The voicemail settings screen will only set VMWI for the first account - I'll see if we can change that.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation

Michael_Reeder

Quote from: nitzan on April 22, 2014, 09:31:58 PM
Quote from: Michael_Reeder on April 22, 2014, 12:32:17 PMFor my 2nd Obi202 device (with an extra digit "2" on the end of my User Name) this is NOT working.
Should be fixed now. The voicemail settings screen will only set VMWI for the first account - I'll see if we can change that.

Nitzan -- That was an amazingly quick reprogramming!  The second Obi202 and handset are now showing VMWI voicemail information.  Thanks for looking into this.

-- Michael

Michael_Reeder

Quote from: Michael_Reeder on April 21, 2014, 10:01:34 AM
A few tips:

Voicemail is dialed by dialing "9000".  If you dial a bunch of # after the 9000, voicemail picks up faster.  So I have my handset programmed to dial "9000######" then a pause and my password for voicemail.

Also -- thanks F9 tech support -- you can reach voicemail by dialing 412-888-8000.  Useful if you are, say, calling your home phone (on F9 service) from your night shift work phone (not F9) and don't want to wake your wife up by dialing your number, letting it ring, then hitting ## and entering your access code.

So I have my cell phone programmed to dial:

4128888000-PP-6DIGITLOGINNUMBER-PP-VOICEMAILPASSWORD-PP-1

P = Pause
- = Not really in sequence, used to separate the steps in the illustration

Notice that you DO NOT enter your phone number when the system asks for mailbox number.  You enter your 6 digit login number.

The "1" at the end is because you have to dial "1" to listen to new voicemail messages anyway.  If there are no new voicemail messages, it hurts nothing -- the nice recording lady will just tell you twice that you have no messages.

-- Michael

JS365

Quote from: Polkadot on April 20, 2014, 01:47:23 PM
Thank you so much Taoman, I think I've got it!  Mshumack, I am setting up an Obi110 (actually I'm doing it for a family member long distance which ads a few twists), and I've gotten instructions from all over and tried to put them all together.  So in hopes of helping whoever might be like me, and not fully understand all this, here goes what I've learned:

Sign up for Future9, pay, add a number, and check your sip credentials (you will need your "cardnumber" and your original "password".

Log in to Obitalk and set up SP1 or SP2 (whichever applies) as a Generic Service Provider.  Fill in Configuration Name (Future-Nine) and other options as you choose.  Then,

Service Provider Proxy Server:  incoming.future-nine.com
Outbound Proxy Server:  incoming.future-nine.com
User Name:  USE Future9 "cardnumber"
Password:  USE original password from future9 setup

Click submit, then click Home
Click Obi Expert Config, enter Obi Expert

Click Service Providers, then ITSP Profile A or B General (whichever one applies)
In the General Profile, edit the name to your name, and the Digit Map to:  (*xx.|911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) 
   (When doing this you need to uncheck the Obitalk box and then uncheck the device default boxes in order to edit these fields.)
Make sure to submit to save your changes.

Then go into your ITSP Profile (A or B) SIP, and make sure that your ProxyServer, RegistrarServer, and OutboundProxy are all "incoming.future-nine.com" and your UserAgentDomain is "sip.future-nine.com"  Again sumbit to save.

Finally go to Voice Service, choose SP1 or SP2 (whichever applies) and: 
X_KeepAliveEnable: yes
X_KeepAliveExpires: 60
AuthUserName: "your cardnumber"
AuthPassword: "original password"
  Submit

Hopefully I've gotten all this right without typos and it helps someone else, and again a HUGE thank you to those who were patient and helped including Nitzan who helped me get started!  :)

Thank you!! I follow your instrution and it finally works now. Have you tried the mobile app - cloud softphone?
I can answer phone call but can't dail out. Keeps getting error.....

Jackson

Quote from: Polkadot on April 20, 2014, 03:51:38 PM
One final note for anyone who might be interested.  I had decided to not port right away, and do some testing with call forwarding.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what you might want to do), after doing a decent amount of testing, made the decision to port to Future9.  I happen to be one of the ones who the forward doesn't work quite so well, and I think it has to do with the delay. 

FWIW I have the same problems trying to forward to Anveo.  At first I thought it worked fine, but after a few real calls the same problems as you noted popped up.