News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 & Cisco SPA 303 IP Phone

Started by Johntal, April 17, 2014, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johntal

I have my 202 all dialed in with Google Voice on SP1 and CallCentric on SP2. I would like to add my Cisco 303 to the 202. First question is do I have to use the OBiPlus service in order to add an IP phone? According to this Aug. 28, 2012 http://tinyurl.com/oalbnnz document it does not mention OBiPlus, but I followed the instructions, making sure to use SP3, and after a reboot of the phone it now just is stuck at "CheckingDNS". Any thoughts?

azrobert

Try changing the parms on the IP Phone as follows:
Proxy = 192.168.1.100:5061
Register = No

Where 192.168.1.100 is the IP address of your OBi202
If there is no Register option, try it with registration.

WelshPaul

Quote from: Johntal on April 17, 2014, 12:35:03 PM
I have my 202 all dialed in with Google Voice on SP1 and CallCentric on SP2. I would like to add my Cisco 303 to the 202. First question is do I have to use the OBiPlus service in order to add an IP phone? According to this Aug. 28, 2012 http://tinyurl.com/oalbnnz document it does not mention OBiPlus, but I followed the instructions, making sure to use SP3, and after a reboot of the phone it now just is stuck at "CheckingDNS". Any thoughts?

Yes you need to register for and use the OBiPLUS service if you want to use your Cisco SPA303 IP phone. Good news is you only need the basic/light subscription and that is free!

Just factory reset the phone and connect it via an Ethernet cable to the LAN port of your OBi device then log in over at OBitalk.com and setup and configure OBiPLUS and push the configuration to your OBi device, both will reboot and your done.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Johntal

I will first try azrobert's response, that looks quick, but if that does not work then WelshPaul, I will move to the OBiPlus. One question with moving to the Plus, will I loose my current SP1 and SP2 configurations? Also seeing that I had to make modifications to my SP3 settings for the Cisco, if I use the reset at the bottom of the SP3 page will that only reset SP3 to factory?

Thanks again

drgeoff

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 17, 2014, 09:40:21 PM
Yes you need to register for and use the OBiPLUS service if you want to use your Cisco SPA303 IP phone.
I think that is untrue.  Read http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-VoIP-Device-Attach-Legacy-IP-Phone-Workbook-v1-0.pdf.  No mention of OBiPLUS in that document.

WelshPaul

I was wrong, it appears you do not need OBiPLUS if you want to use a single IP phone with the OBi device.

Everything you need is in the document above. :)

I just setup an OBi202 with a Cisco SPA525, followed the document above took less than five minutes. Take a look here: http://www.ukvoipforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=229
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Johntal

Ok, got it all to work. Used the document Configuring an OBi Voice Service Bridge to connect a legacy IP Phone. Using the following:

And so, ITSP Profile D and SP4 on the OBi202 shall be configured as a proxy for the IP phone.
• ITSP Profile D/General/SignalingProtocol = SIP (default)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServer = 192.168.1.10 (ie IP address of our SPA962 IP Phone)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServerPort = 5063 (SIP listening port for our IP Phone)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/X_SpoofCallerID = yes (or checked, this will ensure we pass the caller ID through)

Next, create the local voice service that the IP phone will use as its proxy:
• SP4/X_ServProvProfile = D (We're saying use the ITSP D profile with this voice service)
• SP4/X_UserAgentPort = 5063 (Note:'you'can'choose'a'port'that'you'prefer,'just'be'sure'to'use'the'
same'port'number'throughout'the'tutorial
• SP4/X_RingProfile = B
• SP4/X_RegisterEnable = no (or unchecked)
• SP4/AuthUserName = 1001  (This can be defined by you, but needs to be the same on the IP Phone)
• SP4/AuthPassword = AnyPhonePassword (Once again, you can define this, but must be the same on
the IP Phone)
• SP4/X_Proxy = yes (or checked)

Configure the IP phone to register to the OBi and use it as it's proxy

On the IP phone, set=up the following parameters: 
• EXT 1/Proxy = 192.168.1.20:5063 (ie: IP address of OBi202)
• EXT 1/User ID = 1001
• EXT 1/Password = AnyPhonePassword
• EXT 1/Register Expires = 60
• EXT 1/Register = yes
• SIP/Send Resp To Src Port = yes

Then to make both phones ring on incoming calls from either SP1 GV or SP2 Callcentric I added SP1/X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,ph2,sp4(1001)}

I am sure I can fine tune this setup, but for now I can call out using GV, Callcentric or Cellphone via Bluetooth from the IP or standard phone.

Thanks for all your help!