News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is this possible to setup on my Obi110?

Started by SkOrPn, April 20, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkOrPn

Hello

I want to ask a question please. Can my Obi110 use the 2nd phone port, the landline port, for a single landline number only? And any and every other call use my VOIP.ms account?

I have a landline plate just a few feet from the Obi and it is unused and working with the landline phone account we have had since 1980. The wall plate is brand new installed in 2012, but was only used until summer 2013.

So, can the Obi be restricted to use that landline port for one phone number ONLY?

MikeHObi

yes, you should be able to control it so that if a specific number is entered it uses a different route.  I'm not sure how, I just know it can be done.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

BigJim_McD

If you connect your OBi110 Line Port (FXO) to your POTs line, any calls that come in on the Land Line (POTs) phone number will ring the phone connected to Phone Port of the OBi110.  Also 911 Calls will be routed to use the Land Line.  Incoming calls via your VoIP service will come in on the provisioned Service Provider Port.  You can choose to have outgoing calls go out on either via the Land Line or by your VoIP service provider provisioned on SP1 (or on SP2). 

If you use OBiTalk to Administer your OBi110, you can setup the Outgoing Call default that will be used for all dialed (outgoing) calls.  If you don't use OBiTalk, you can use the Web Administration interface to configure the default outgoing call port.

You can override the default for outgoing calls by dialing **1, **2 or **8 before dialing the number.
1)  **1  + <called phone number)  will dial out on SP1.
2)  **2  + <called phone number)  will dial out on SP2 (if equipped).
3)  **8  + <called phone number)  will dial out on the POTs (Land-line) Port.
4)  # will also access the Land-line Port.

OBi110 Detailed Technical Specifications.
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi110DS.pdf

BigJimMcD

drgeoff

If the single number you want to use the POTS LINE port is 123-456-7890 then insert

{1234567890:li},

at the very start of what is already in Physical Interfaces, Line Port, Outbound Call Route.