News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

stop POTS from ringing but not forward

Started by Carmine, April 23, 2014, 06:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmine

I use OBI in my bedroom for years, now the OBI ring by some advertisement call during night time.  So I want to turn the OBI POTS line ring off, as i do not use POTS to receive call in bedroom.
There is a splitter for POTS before OBI, so turn the OBI ring off has no problem for me.  searching the forum, seems everyone is forward the landline call to somewhere else, which i have a phone and fax machine attached before obi, so it may bring me some issue. Current i set the ring delay to 40000, so that i hope it wil delay the ringing, is there any other way to prevent the POTS ring the obi phone?

ianobi

Carmine - welcome to the forum.

This setting will do what you ask:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute: {}

At the moment it probably has a setting of ph delete that and insert {}

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the value, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.