News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Not Able to Change Expert Settings in Obi

Started by lowatts, April 23, 2014, 05:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowatts

I have a OBi 202 and just signed up for the PhonePower lite plan because of the GV thing in May.  There was a 12 second delay on outbound calls between the time the dial tones when out and the other end starts to ring.  I found the solution in these forums:  edit the dial plan to avoid the default Obi 10 second delay to wait for additional key presses.  I get no delay if I press the # key after dialing the number.

I went to edit my SP1 (where I have the PhonePower connection configured) in my OBi setup.  I can see the existing settings, and I can click in the field with my mouse and put my mouse cursor there, but somehow it won't let me make any changes.  Maybe I'm locked down from being able to make any changes here?  I tried doing this from a Firefox browser and Internet Explorer, but no difference.  I called PhonePower but they sent my ticket to level 2 support, waiting for a call back today.  Does anyone know what the issue is, if it's not the digimap?  And if it's the digimap, how I can get access to edit it?  Thanks.  I'm new to all this and this forum's been great with helpful information so far.  Wish free GV wasn't going away, it works great for me.

gderf

Remove the check mark in the box under the Default column adjacent to the entry you wish to change.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

lowatts

Thanks that did it.  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I tried unchecking the OBi box on and off, but it didn't occur to me to click in the Default box *after* I clicked to uncheck the OBi box to get both boxes unchecked.

I'm trying (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|<1aaa>xxxxxxx)  where aaa is the area code
posted by azrobert in another thread, will see how it goes when I get home later.

Bigpyne

I'm anxiously awaiting your results, lowatts.  I just started service with PhonePower and I'm happy with everything so far except the dialing delay.  Please post whether the string you used solved the problem.

azrobert

Quote from: Bigpyne on April 24, 2014, 10:18:14 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting your results, lowatts.  I just started service with PhonePower and I'm happy with everything so far except the dialing delay.  Please post whether the string you used solved the problem.

If you want to read a detailed explanation how this fixes the delay dialing problem see:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7742.msg50188#msg50188

Maybe you should wait until just before you go to bed. This will help you fall asleep. LOL

Bigpyne

Thanks lowatts and azrobert.  The dialing string worked for me - the delay considerably shortened.  Now I need to spend some time and learn more about the Obi.  It seems that when I left the expert configuration menu and returned to ObiTalk, the change I had made went away.  I will have to spend some time in the Obi book. 
Anyway, thanks again for the solution - PhonePower tech support wasn't much help.

lowatts

Quote from: Bigpyne on April 24, 2014, 04:13:04 PM
Thanks lowatts and azrobert.  The dialing string worked for me - the delay considerably shortened.  Now I need to spend some time and learn more about the Obi.  It seems that when I left the expert configuration menu and returned to ObiTalk, the change I had made went away.  I will have to spend some time in the Obi book.  
Anyway, thanks again for the solution - PhonePower tech support wasn't much help.

Mine has been working well, delay down to 4 and 8 seconds on the few numbers I tried.  I guess maybe the 8 second delay phone number is hitting the international rule? It's in the format 572-xxxx.

So far my settings are holding even when I leave the Obi setup site.  I don't have any idea what's causing your lost of settings issue, but I would try using a different web browser to make your changes (I have Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome), and/or try a different way of exiting the settings web site.  If you haven't already tried this, make your changes and click Submit to save the changes and close the web browser instead of logging out first.

lowatts

Quote from: azrobert on April 24, 2014, 02:32:35 PM
Quote from: Bigpyne on April 24, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

If you want to read a detailed explanation how this fixes the delay dialing problem see:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7742.msg50188#msg50188

Maybe you should wait until just before you go to bed. This will help you fall asleep. LOL

Thanks for the DigitMap.  I replied to the PhonePower tech support email with what I did, hopefully they can do something with it.  Something isn't right because is seems not all new users on this PhonePower plan, who uses the autoconfig by registering from the OBi site, is running into this issue.  I only get a 2 second delay when I use the GoogleVoice line, so it seems to be doable, unless forwarding through GoogleVoice with PhonePower necessitates this extra delay.