News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switched from GV to PhonePower - intermittent "not configured"

Started by EdWilliams, April 23, 2014, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodan

Guess not everyone moving from GV to PP on an Obi100 is having this intermittent " not configured " problem.

The latest, standard,  firmware update is 1.3.0 build 2824.

I emailed Obi support to see if I can get the latest firmware, with fix for using PP.

flanda

I had this same problem after switching to Phonepower, but whenever I got the "service not configured error" I made a test using the Phonepower softphone on my computer and both outbound and inbound calls worked fine.  I just recently disconnected my local landline and migrated from GV to Phonepower on sp1, so I thought the Obi was probably not routing the calls correctly.  What fixed it for me was checking the "primary line for outgoing calls" box on the portal's sp1 configuration page because it was unchecked.

It may not help others with this problem but if you configured the Phonepower service on sp2 and disconnected GV from sp1, then the outbound call route may still say to use sp1 unless you check the sp2 box as the primary line. Sounds very similar to my situation. 

I suggest using the Phonepower softphone to test the service because at least it will help check if the problem is external to the Obi (Phonepower or router SIP configuration issue as was suggested). I didn't have to make any changes to my ASUS router. Hope this helps a little.

EdWilliams

Quote from: flanda on May 05, 2014, 01:05:22 PM
  What fixed it for me was checking the "primary line for outgoing calls" box on the portal's sp1 configuration page because it was unchecked.
I didn't have to make any changes to my ASUS router. Hope this helps a little.

I had the "primary line for outgoing calls" switched to PhonePower from the day I signed up.  Changes to my Asus router have had no effect.  On the other hand since switching to the new firmware, I've been stable for three days.

PeterFales

Is it 2858 of the OBi 100 firmware that is believed to help with the problem?

Is there a similar fix for the OBi 200 series?   (Does anyone who was experiencing the problem on the 200 series think that a firmware update helped?   If so, what were the "before" and "after" build numbers?)   For the record, I was using "   3.0.1 (Build: 4330)" when I experienced the  intermittent "not configured" errors.  I've since upgraded to 4350, but I don't have PhonePower anymore, so I can't test it.

adutchman

5/8/2014 Update:

It has been 10 days since the firmware upgrade by OBi Support and all is still good with phone power service.  I am still able to make and receive calls okay.  The Phone LED has been green on the device this whole time as well.

My OBi100 device status page shows an uptime of 7 Days 23:45:35.

I believe that it was the firmware upgrade and following the router configuration instructions from PhonePower that led to the successful operation of both my OBi100 and PhonePower service.

This will probably be my last post on this thread.  Good luck to all and thanks for everyone's suggestions and help.

EdWilliams

I've now been up nearly six days since the installation of the new firmware by OBI support.  It would appear this has fixed the problem I reported at the head of the thread.  Kudos to OBI.

edrico

This "no service configured error" was trying me batty for weeks. I found this thread, contacted support and got the new firmware (2858). It's only been a few days, so it's too early to judge, but so far so good. Will report back in a week or two whether it's still working.

Thanks to all for reporting the problem and potential solution.

giqcass

The OBi110-1-3-0-2858 build was made to specially address the issue of "phonepower service not configured" error.
Long live our new ObiLords!

CheapSk86

I just wanted to supply my experience so far:
I did the switch last Tuesday to PhonePower from Google Voice and to make the change I just went through the ASP link from my dashboard. Once I selected the SP slot and completed the sign up with Phone Power, my Obi 202 was configured with the correct information.

I do mainly toll-free calling from it for conference lines, but have done a few land-line calls, both local and 1/2 the country away. I haven't had any drop connection or issues with PhonePower staying registered or configured. I'm running FW 4350 on my 202 and it's been solid since switching. I was really worried with so many people experiencing issues, but so far it's been solid.

I will be watching it for the next 2.5 weeks to see if anything changes or any issues occur and I will post back follow-up on it, but so far, so good.

PeteMoss

Quote from: Bob_in_MA on May 03, 2014, 09:26:49 AM
One other point....

We're getting much less of a delay with PhonePower than with GV. It had been really pronounced when my wife called her family in Maine, like a very bad cellphone connection.

But no it seems hardly noticeable. Definitely worth the $35/year. ;-)

Bob

PP east coast server is in Boston so you are lucky. For those of us in the middle of the country (STL), we are on the Los Angeles server. There is nothing near the center of the country. :-(

PeteMoss

I too was getting intermittent configuration error recording when initiating calls after switching from GV to Phonepower that temporarily cleared after rebooting my OBI202. Note that I have OBITalk Provisionig disabled so I could change the convoluted dialing plan the OBI/PP setup wizard gave me. I also wanted to make some other changes that should not have affected service. It seemed like every morning I would have to reboot the Obi202 to temporarily restore service again. After much researching, I saw a post where one individual solved the intermittent  service by setting up a static IP address for the OBI WAN. I did this and for 3 days now, the problem has been solved. Note that on the same WD N900 router, I have a VOIPo account on a different OBI202 and it has (and is) been working for over a year using DHCP. I don't know why this work around has solved the problem but if it fails, I'll report back.

CheapSk86

Just for a follow up: I signed up about 3 weeks ago and have been using PP since. I am on the phone every day for a minimum of 20 minutes, though mostly toll-free numbers. So far I have not had any intermittent connection issues, service or call quality issues, or drops.

I am using an OBI202 with the latest released firmware, the standard connection setup when you sign up for PhonePower through the Obi dashboard, and am using PhonePower currently for both toll-free and standard calls.

I posted a small review with additional information and feedback in another thread:http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8197.0 for anyone who cares about a little more.

Based on the experience so far, I will be sticking with PhonePower for my needs.

PeteMoss

Quote from: PeteMoss on June 01, 2014, 10:30:17 AM
I too was getting intermittent configuration error recording when initiating calls after switching from GV to Phonepower that temporarily cleared after rebooting my OBI202. Note that I have OBITalk Provisionig disabled so I could change the convoluted dialing plan the OBI/PP setup wizard gave me. I also wanted to make some other changes that should not have affected service. It seemed like every morning I would have to reboot the Obi202 to temporarily restore service again. After much researching, I saw a post where one individual solved the intermittent  service by setting up a static IP address for the OBI WAN. I did this and for 3 days now, the problem has been solved. Note that on the same WD N900 router, I have a VOIPo account on a different OBI202 and it has (and is) been working for over a year using DHCP. I don't know why this work around has solved the problem but if it fails, I'll report back.

After 3 days the problem surfaced again requiring another reboot. I have made some other changes  and will advise.