News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Modify cid sent to google voice?

Started by totalimpact, January 30, 2011, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totalimpact

I am trying to use google for the voicemail on my analog line using call forward on no answer. Here is what is going on:

Caller comes in on Line 1, rings 5 times, then forward the caller out SP1, which is registered to google voice, but google voice is seeing my google voice CID as the caller, and sends the caller to the menu "You have no new messages, press 2 to make a call".

Does anyone know if the caller id can be modified on a gv trunk - for instance, sometimes I want to call my googlevoice, but dont want it to send me to the user IVR, but I also have a speed dial for google voice so someone can just press 99 to check the voicemail from the attached phone.

I saw the cid spoofing stuff in the manual, but am not real sure how that works.

MichiganTelephone

Try this: Go to Service Providers, ITSP Profile A, SIP.  Scroll down and find X_SpoofCallerID and check the box to activate it, then submit and reboot.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.