News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help in migrating from AT&T Ringmaster

Started by Uncle_Wiggley, April 27, 2014, 06:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle_Wiggley

Hello all,

I need some advice, hopefully some sort of step by step, to free myself from an AT&T Ringmaster service.

I currently have an unused OBI202, OBI110, and an AT&T Ringmaster account with 3 numbers with distinctive ring. For those who are unaware, RingMaster is basically 3 virtual numbers that ring a single physical POTS line.

I also currently have 2 Google Voice numbers that are forwarding to 2 of my RingMaster numbers - these are used for a home business phone/fax.

What I would like to do is to set up my OBI202 with Anveo (or another provider if better) and port my GV numbers and one of my AT&T numbers so everything is VOIP.

One sticky point is I can't port out my AT&T numbers until I discontinue RingMaster.

I assume I would need to start by setting up an Anveo account with 3 phone numbers, set up the OBI202 to work with that before doing anything else. I'm not sure what exactly I would need to get from Anveo. 3 Phone numbers and some sort of package? Which one?

Can anyone give me some step by step instructions or advice?