News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two obis, one phone service. Unusual configuration

Started by Gonzo, April 28, 2014, 07:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonzo

I have two obis in two distinct geographical locations.  Obi 110 (loc 1) and obi 200 (loc 2).

I have one service provider (not GV) configured on loc1
I have GV configured in loc2

Given GV will cease to work on May 15, I have been thinking how to leverage the non GV service provider for both OBIs.

Any ideas?.  Only requirement I have is that when I am in loc 2, I would like people to be able to dial my GV number to reach me and NOT ring the phone in Loc 1.  I thought perhaps there is a way to route calls between two Obis dependent on the callerID.  So if the caller ID is GV number (because I forward GV calls to the service provider in LOC1) the Obi could forward the call to loc2.

I know this is unusual setup but thought one of you experts would have the answer.

thanks,

G

ianobi

Settings for your OBi110:

Assuming that your OBi110 SIP provider is on sp1, then:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{12345678901:pp(ob500123456)},{ph}

Where 12345678901 is your GV number, 500123456 is your OBi200 OBiTALK number.

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{(500123456)>(xx.):sp1},{500123456:aa},{ph}

Settings for your OBi200:

Look in:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute for this rule:
{(Mpli):pli}
Delete it and replace it with this rule:
{(<ob200123456*>(Mpli)):pp}

Where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of your OBi110

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
ph

If both OBi devices are in the same account, the OBiTALK portal will have put them in each others' Circle of Trust. If so, then delete any settings in both devices here:
Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute
and replace with the settings shown above.

I've assumed that your SIP provider in loc 1 accepts calls dialled using the same format as GV. When you dial from loc 2 whatever you dial should go via the OBi110 at loc 1 out on sp1 with no format changes. We can play around with the digitmaps further if the number formats need changing.

Let us know how you get on. This may be useful to others who own more than one OBi and use GV at the moment.

Gonzo

Thanks,

I will try and report back.... thanks again....

Gwyllem

I have the same deal.  I have two Obi's. One in the office and one at home. With GV all phones rang. But with Anveo, due to no XMPP, I'm only using one OBI.  Should I go Anveo with the other one or can I have calls forwarded to it?  I can get another Anveo account for the home device.  Any suggestions? 

ianobi

It depends on how you use your two OBi devices. The above setup will work for anyone with two OBis and only one voip account, the remote one can be anywhere in the world. One downside is that you are using the OBiTALK network to forward the calls, so in theory it adds another possible route that might fail. Having said that OBiTALK is free to use for OBi owners, has a good reliability and call quality record and passes callerID with no problems. The other downside is that the remote OBi has no 911 facility, although 911 can be routed to use the other OBi that has the voip provider, if that's practical from a geographic point of view.

The downside of a voip account on each OBi is cost. The cost may be justified if both OBis get a lot of use e.g. someone at home using the home OBi while you are in the office using the that OBi.