News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric incoming DID, outgoing and Callcentric softphone app

Started by HH235, April 28, 2014, 09:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HH235

Here would be the setup on an Obi 202:
SP1 CC outgoing North America 500
SP2 CC incoming DID
SP3 CC IP Freedom

This setup would allow unlimited free incoming, 500 outgoing to US/Can, and use of the CC apps for about $7.00 a month.

Question:  Does anyone have a similar setup or know if CC allows you to setup Obi devices to simulring their SIP softphone app and/or to configure the Obi to bridge from SP3 to the SP1 in this case.

Example 1.  Incoming on SP2 rings ph and SP3 CC IP Freedom #. 

Example 2. CC Android app with ext 101 calls SP3 ext 100.  Obi AA set for "option 2 to make a call with number then #."

I have a similar setup now w/GV as SP1 and CC IP Freedom as SP2. So I know how to do that in the Obi configuration.  (thanks to posts here)

The reason I ask is, I thought I read somewhere that when provisioning some ITSP lock those options down in the Obi devices.

Thanks.

gderf

Quote from: HH235 on April 28, 2014, 09:02:21 AM
SP2 CC incoming DID
SP3 CC IP Freedom

I am fairly certain that you cannot register the same device multiple times with the same SIP credentials, and that you can not register multiple devices simultaneously with the same SIP credentials. This wouldn't be limited to Callcentric.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Taoman

Quote from: gderf on April 28, 2014, 10:09:26 AM

I am fairly certain that you cannot register the same device multiple times with the same SIP credentials, and that you can not register multiple devices simultaneously with the same SIP credentials. This wouldn't be limited to Callcentric.

That does hold true for Callcentric but certainly not all ITSPs. PhonePower allows 4 different UAs to simultaneously connect with the same SIP credentials. I've only tried it with 2 UAs but it works great for both incoming and outgoing calls.

Usetheforceobiwan

You can have up to 20 subaccounts (extensions) with a Callcentric account.   Each one of those extensions has it's own SIP credentials.  An Obi could be set up with each SP a different extension so with an Obi202 you could have four Sp's logged into the same CC main account but not with the same exact credentials. 

Callcentric call treatments allow you to create multiple rules on how to direct incoming DID  calls by extension.  You can also create ring groups that permits up to 5 extensions ringing at the same time. 

A soft phone can be one of those extensions and is treated the same as an Obi ATA or an IP phone.   

HH235

Thanks Usetheforceobiwan.  I think I will try:
GV forwarded to the Callcentric free DID # (actually $1.50/mo e911 fee) and see if I can get that to ring Obi 202 {ph1, ph2} and my IP Freedom sub accounts  simultaneously on the other Obi 202 SPs.

Usetheforceobiwan

Just as an FYI, you could have another CC main account and do a combo simultaneous ring group as well as forwarding to another CC account via SIP-URI.  With that you could have 40 extensions to play around with. 

But then again, maybe this is a little over the top.   ::)

vtsnaab

From what I can tell thus far...:
QuoteGet Localphone.
Localphone is by far the cheapest option.
Either LP is having problems OR it is very difficult to get set up correctly for Obi users ?!?

And:
QuoteZoiper is a good soft-phone option for Obi users
According to their site it has a free version with starkly limited features - otherwise EUR 34.99 ??

All the posts I've seen thus far about LP troubles and in comparing free vs. paid softphones - these do not give me warm fuzzies about LP or paying for an app which has free alternatives that seem to far surpass it.

Have I missed some things here ??

SteveInWA

Quote from: HH235 on April 28, 2014, 09:02:21 AM
SP2 CC incoming DID
SP3 CC IP Freedom

This setup would allow unlimited free incoming, 500 outgoing to US/Can, and use of the CC apps for about $7.00 a month.

Question:  Does anyone have a similar setup or know if CC allows you to setup Obi devices to simulring their SIP softphone app and/or to configure the Obi to bridge from SP3 to the SP1 in this case.

Example 1.  Incoming on SP2 rings ph and SP3 CC IP Freedom #.  

Example 2. CC Android app with ext 101 calls SP3 ext 100.  Obi AA set for "option 2 to make a call with number then #."

I have a similar setup now w/GV as SP1 and CC IP Freedom as SP2. So I know how to do that in the Obi configuration.  (thanks to posts here)

The reason I ask is, I thought I read somewhere that when provisioning some ITSP lock those options down in the Obi devices.

Thanks.

HH:  you have  been "peanut-buttering" this forum with repeated, slightly different questions in multiple sections.  You're getting overloaded with different answers.  This post shows that you still don't understand the basics of using an ITSP, such as Callcentric.  Asking more new questions all over the forum is just going to get you even more confused, as everyone has a different spin on things, and there are a lot of very smart techies here, who don't necessarily look for the simplest answer.

You do not need three different SPs as you describe above.

Get a CC DID, as has been described now in at least 2 of your other threads.  Pick an outbound calling plan, too.  That is all done on the CC website.  Configure ONE of your OBi SPs for that account (1777xxxxxxx and SIP password).  You now have inbound AND outbound calling on that SP.  It really is that simple.

With regard to multiple SIP user agents being registered to your CC number, the way to do that is by establishing what CC calls "extensions", again, on their website.  So, for example, if your CC account number/SIP user ID is 17775555555, then add an extension 101, and configure your softphone to use it.  It's SIP user ID will be 17775555555101.  You can create more extensions as you need them.  Then, you configure CC's call treatments to route inbound calls to the extension(s) you wish.

RE:  softphone, most people use either the free X-Lite or paid Bria softphones from Counterpath.  They're excellent, and have been around for years.

HH235

vtsnaab

Cool:
Quote from: 7Priest7 on May 01, 2014, 10:24:21 PM
I had no issues configuring it on my obi.
If people are having configuration issues I suspect error ID10T.
Very cute !!
(I know that error quite well, and have made it myself plenty of times, thanks.)

Addendum...BTW:
idiot (n.)
early 14c., "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning;" also in Middle English "simple man, uneducated person, layman" (late 14c.),
from Old French idiote "uneducated or ignorant person" (12c.), from Latin idiota "ordinary person, layman; outsider," in Late Latin "uneducated or
ignorant person," from Greek idiotes "layman, person lacking professional skill" (opposed to writer, soldier, skilled workman), literally "private person (as
opposed to one taking part in public affairs)," used patronizingly for "ignorant person," from idios "one's own" (see idiom).

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
[Mark Twain, c.1882]
Idiot box "television set" is from 1959; idiot light "dashboard warning signal" is attested from 1968. Idiot savant attested by 1870.

My impression is that though LP may be very good, their site leaves alot to be desired in it's lack of clarity and I have seen lots of posts here and elsewhere asking about problems getting it set up.
(I have not tried it myself as yet.)
Here's one example=>
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7745.msg50811#msg50811

And:
QuoteAccording to their site it has a free version with starkly limited features - otherwise EUR 34.99 ??
QuoteZoiper is free for private-personal use. By no means are the features limited.

Another confusing site I would say - so I'll have to go view it with great care and see what I've somehow missed there...
I was looking at the PC softphone, but may yet have cause to use the android version.

Thanks.

nitzan

For a PC softphone I'd recommend NCH ExpressTalk - much better than other ones I've tested.
For Android/iPhone - Acrobits.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

vtsnaab

Thank You Nitzan !!

Quote from: nitzan on May 02, 2014, 08:09:18 AM
For a PC softphone I'd recommend NCH ExpressTalk - much better than other ones I've tested.
For Android/iPhone - Acrobits.

Taoman

Quote from: nitzan on May 02, 2014, 08:09:18 AM

I certainly concur. ExpressTalk rocks.......although it's not cheap. Seems more designed for business use.

HH235

CC blocking account for fraud?  What gives?

When I originally signed up for CC IP Freedom plan after about 4-5 calls SIP calls they blocked my account.  I have three extensions all in the US calling back and forth between one Obi on the east coast, one on the west coast, and my Android phone.  Residential, no autodialing, or anything goofy.  Just "Hey son how was school today?" for 10 minutes ish.  They wanted the following to unblock my account:
"Account Holder Details
1. Your full name
2. A telephone number you can be reached at and the best time to reach you.
3. Where you are currently located - City/Country
4. Where you will be using the Callcentric service from - City/Country
5. How you plan to use the Callcentric service (personal, business, international calling, etc.)
6. Any additional information you may consider useful in this case my full name, address, how I planned to use CC  Working just fine and liking the call quality."

I though no problem that's fine.  Sent them the info, they unblocked my account and I went on testing the SIP to call my child.  Thinking this is great.

So I went to CC website to sign up for the free DID NY #.  Selected the "Are you in the US" thing...cause I am and went to pay the $1.50 e911 thing with paypal.  But when I went back after paying in Paypal to the CC site it said "Fraud warning"  your account has been blocked.  What the heck...again?  I'm a verified Paypal user and pay for stuff on eBay maybe 5-6 times a year.  Just used it last month.  No problems for years now.

Now CC wants (in addition to what they wanted the first time):
"Payment Details
1. Account holder name that is on-file for the PayPal account you attempted to use
2. Full billing address of the PayPal Account (street address, city state/territory, zip/postal code, country)
3. Billing addresses telephone number that is registered to the PayPal Account that you attempted to use"

I called paypal just to see if this info is needed to make a transaction.  They said "No.  This is highly unusual.  Have Callcentric call us" and gave me a phone number for them to call.  so I passed that on to the CC folks and they said:
"As far as the issue is concerned, as mentioned, this account was blocked by our automated fraud prevention system (we can't provide details of how our system works). If you would like to place a payment under your account, in order for us to verify your account, please answer ALL of the questions on this trouble ticket in the following format:
1.) John Doe
2.) John Doe
etc... "

I'm in the US calling in the US.  Everything I told them is true and I'm not doing anything weird like overseas or I don't know what else.

What gives?  It's $1.50 / mo e911 fee for pete's sake.