News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ITSP Ratings, forum stickys, or subdivisions?

Started by HH235, April 28, 2014, 09:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HH235

It has been very difficult for me to find ITSP customer satisfaction ratings.

First - Does anyone know of a good place to go for INDEPENDENT reviews and customer satisfaction ratings.  Or why not have a "Best of" ITSP voting here on this forum.

Second - An Obi forum suggestion.  There is only one area that I see in this forum for ITSP.  How about a subdivision specific to each ITSP?  At least for the ITSPs listed on the Obi site as "Compatible Service Providers."  If I search for a particular ITSP say "PhonePower" all types of posts come up.  And it takes a long to wade through them to see how other folks have set up, use, and rate an ITSP.

Yes I have soaked up the last three threads here!  But I think Obi devices are awesome and we really like this technology.  So bear w/me pls.

TonyTib

One problem is that "what is best" depends on your needs.

For some, it's all about cost.  For others, quality or convenience.  And just like cell phone service, sometimes it just depends on where you live...

For example, the Obi PhonePower service is interesting to me except that you can't manual provision and can't easily change Caller-ID spoofing, so it's a no go for me.

Final example: a number of people have had issues forwarding GV to a Vestalink DID, but for me, it's been working really well (no noticeable added delay).

I really do like my little Obi 202 box; even after dumping GV, for less than the cost of Ooma Pro, I'm getting more features and more redundancy.

Taoman

Quote from: HH235 on April 28, 2014, 09:12:11 AM
It has been very difficult for me to find ITSP customer satisfaction ratings.

I would look here although that particular page seems to be having issues at the moment:

http://www.dslreports.com/gbu