News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble porting from GoogleVoice to Anveo

Started by Mich, April 30, 2014, 07:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mich

I'm having an issue after porting from GoogleVoice to Anveo.  The symptoms are that my home phone is not ringing when people call.  Anveo said that I need to switch my SP in Obitalk to Anveo, but I'm not sure how to do that.  When I look on the obi website, SP1 is configured as GoogleVoice still for the obi.  I don't see an edit button for it or how to delete and re-add it.  Can someone give instructions for that please?

I had already had my Anveo e911 set up to use with GoogleVoice, so that's SP2 already.  When I ported my number, I ported it to my existing Anveo account.  I'm not sure if that would help at all.

So to re-cap, I already transferred my number from GoogleVoice to Anveo, but calls/messages are logged in Anveo website without reaching my obi.

I didn't see any similar topics so it seemed like a good idea to start a new one.

Thanks,
Michele

AlanB

Your Anveo e911 account is probably not set up to receive calls (or make calls other than 911).

In the ObiTalk web portal, you will see a "gear" icon.  Click on that then do it again by the appropriate SP.  You will need to edit the Anveo SP to make and receive calls.

You said you ported to an e911 account.  Have you added any ability to that account to make and receive calls?

To delete GV you can use the "trash can" icon that shows by that SP.

Mich

Thanks for the response!  OK.  I used the gear icon to delete google voice in obitalk so now SP1 is unassigned.  I went into SP2 and checked primary line for outgoing phone 1 and 2, incoming both are checked, voicemail is checked, 7 digit for calling is 585, e911 is checked, proxy is set to Montreal which is closest to home but I'm in USA. 

However, I tried using the *91 echo test that I saw on Anveo, and it got rejected with error code 404.  I also see that in the Anveo side that my SIP status is Not connected.  I can still make calls from home, but when they reach the destination, it says the call is from somewhere in california, and it's showing the wrong phone number.  When people call me, it goes to Anveo voicemail but doesn't ring at my house.

I'm stumped! 

Shale

On your Anveo Dashboard, does it say Online at IP Phone/ATA Device? Click "How to connect" to get the connection info "Sip Registration Details "

On the OBiTalk site, what does it show Registered for Anveo?

Does the 933 test work?

Not showing connection? Do you have a separate router? If so, maybe try plugging the OBi directly into your modem, or put he OBi in the DMZ. If this works, that would indicate  a port  permissions problem.

Mich

For the Anveo Dashboard, for IP Phone/ATA Device it shows Not Connected.  I'm not sure why.

On OBiTalk site, for SP2, it shows Registered (server=xxxxx; expire in 149s)

I do have a separate router.  I'll try plugging directly into my modem if it's not already when I get home.

Thanks!