News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I close Anveo Account

Started by conlifj@gmail.com, April 30, 2014, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conlifj@gmail.com

Opened Anveo account three days ago and realized that the devil is in the details. Like customer support is paid service and their Chat service is never online. If you have a problem you have to contact OBITALK but I paid my money to Anveo.
Also there is no place on their website for you to close your account and request a refund. If anyone has the answer to this I would greatly appreciate it. I was forced to initiate a dispute with paypal and guess what happened immediately following that? The balance on my account went to a negative $38.57 and moments before it had a credit balance of $1.50 or what ever that free credit they provided to you when you activate your account.
Please help. I am still within my 30 days thank goodness I hope

bdwill

I'm in the process of cancelling my service with Anveo as well due to similar issues that I was careless to research before hand. My issues are paid subaccounts, customer support, and caller ID name. I emailed customer.support@anveo.com yesterday to request my account be closed and current balance and prepaid service to be refunded.

AlanB

It's all clearly spelled out in the Terms of Service.

REFUND POLICY
There is no refund for any prepaid services. However, when you close your account then unused funds on your account will be refunded. $5 refund processing fee will be withheld from the amount refunded.
ACCOUNT CLOSURE
Only accounts in a good standing can be closed. Accounts with negative balances must pay off the balance prior to closing the account. To close an account a customer have to contact Anveo Customer Support ( customer.support@anveo.com ) by sending an email from the email address used to open the account with 'CLOSE ACCOUNT REQUEST' in the subject line and the email message should include the account number. When a customer requests his/her account to be closed all customer's subscriptions to Anveo services (including Anveo phone numbers) will be canceled and a refund will be issued for any balance remaining in the account. Refund processing fee in the amount of $5 will be withheld for all refunds.

Also you don't have you pay for customer service.   But you may have to for tech support.

conlifj@gmail.com

Well, good news. I just got a full refund from Anveo. I am not sure which worked but my last resort was to file a dispute with PayPal and I also submitted a request with a free ticket on Anveo website and I also sent an email to OBITalk.
I do belief it was the paypal dispute that did it.

NOTE: Be very careful signing up with this company because all the details are not outlined prior to signing up for the service.
1. Tech support request will cost you over time.
2. There is no way to cancel your service on their website
3. Their online Chat was never online for the three days I tried
4. You can leave a message on the online chat but do not expect a response
5. Contacting OBITALK will not help much in this matter
6. The contact phone number will not get you speaking with a representative from Anveo
7. I recommend if you sign up for their service use a credit card and not your bank account
8. You are required to contact OBITalk for your support and not the company you paid your money to.
9. Please read all the details within the 30 days after signing up for their service.

bdwill

Quote from: AlanB on April 30, 2014, 02:06:36 PM
It's all clearly spelled out in the Terms of Service.

REFUND POLICY
There is no refund for any prepaid services. However, when you close your account then unused funds on your account will be refunded. $5 refund processing fee will be withheld from the amount refunded.
ACCOUNT CLOSURE
Only accounts in a good standing can be closed. Accounts with negative balances must pay off the balance prior to closing the account. To close an account a customer have to contact Anveo Customer Support ( customer.support@anveo.com ) by sending an email from the email address used to open the account with 'CLOSE ACCOUNT REQUEST' in the subject line and the email message should include the account number. When a customer requests his/her account to be closed all customer's subscriptions to Anveo services (including Anveo phone numbers) will be canceled and a refund will be issued for any balance remaining in the account. Refund processing fee in the amount of $5 will be withheld for all refunds.

Also you don't have you pay for customer service.   But you may have to for tech support.

The majority of people don't read TOS agreements or EULAs. The refund policy is unfortunate but you live and learn (and eventually read TOS agreements).

I did find their TOS and apparently their refund processing fee is now $0.70?

Quote36. ACCOUNT CLOSURE
Only accounts in a good standing can be closed. Accounts with negative balances must pay off the balance prior to closing the account. To close an account a customer have to contact Anveo Customer Support ( customer.support@anveo.com ) by sending an email from the email address used to open the account with 'CLOSE ACCOUNT REQUEST' in the subject line and the email message should include the account number. When a customer requests his/her account to be closed all customer's subscriptions to Anveo services (including Anveo phone numbers) will be canceled. Account balance over $0.7 will be refunded and the refund processing fee in the amount of $0.7 will be withheld for all refunds.

conlifj@gmail.com

It also stated I have 30 days to cancel the service when I was signing up for the service. So why is there no place or details on how to cancel your account? I guess you forgot to mention that section.

bdwill

Quote from: conlifj@gmail.com on April 30, 2014, 02:25:29 PM
Well, good news. I just got a full refund from Anveo. I am not sure which worked but my last resort was to file a dispute with PayPal and I also submitted a request with a free ticket on Anveo website and I also sent an email to OBITalk.

NOTE: Be very careful signing up with this company because all the details are not outlined prior to signing up for the service.
6. The contact phone number will not get you speaking with a representative from Anveo
7. I recommend if you sign up for their service use a credit card and not your bank account
8. You are required to contact OBITalk for your support and not the company you paid your money to.
9. Please read all the details within the 30 days after signing up for their service.

Good for you. They also refunded the prepaid service? I've been with them 29 days so we'll see.

AlanB

Quote from: conlifj@gmail.com on April 30, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

Item 8 only applies to the ObiTalk plans, not the general Anveo plans.  I don't know if some other items apply to the general plans for not.  I know not all vendors have Item 2.   CallCentric is one that makes it easy to add/delete on a monthly basis, but I don't know about long term.

I personally like my ObiTalk plan, but pre-paying for a year, IS a catch.

AlanB

Quote from: bdwill on April 30, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

I did find their TOS and apparently their refund processing fee is now $0.70?

Quote36. ACCOUNT CLOSURE
Only accounts in a good standing can be closed. Accounts with negative balances must pay off the balance prior to closing the account. To close an account a customer have to contact Anveo Customer Support ( customer.support@anveo.com ) by sending an email from the email address used to open the account with 'CLOSE ACCOUNT REQUEST' in the subject line and the email message should include the account number. When a customer requests his/her account to be closed all customer's subscriptions to Anveo services (including Anveo phone numbers) will be canceled. Account balance over $0.7 will be refunded and the refund processing fee in the amount of $0.7 will be withheld for all refunds.

My error. I was in a hurry and accidentally posted the AnveoDirect TOS. You are correct.

JH2011

Anveo's TOS is garbage (like their service).

If it doesn't work, file a dispute with Paypal.

That's the quickest way to get a FULL refund.

sailing

Voip.ms was my first choice and Anveo my second. Due to Verizon refusing to release my number to Voip.ms (a different discussion), I went with Anveo. I used them for outgoing service for a month then had my number ported. I've been using their PAYG service since January. The quality of their calls are good and the service has  been reliable. (I only use the web interface to setup the Obi, never the portal.)

That said, I would not recommend Anveo. Their web site is difficult to figure out, there is no help info on how to use the IVR, there are only four help tickets available to PAYG customers (I haven't used any of them.) and there isn't any contact info for general questions. My impression is they are geared mainly towards businesses and offer no hand holding for the rest who need the help getting setup.

Bottom line, Anveo is a good service  but you need a very good reason to want to choose them.