News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound call route and digitmaps

Started by prince72, April 29, 2014, 06:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prince72

Hi
I am having hard time to understand and configure the outbound call route and digitmaps
I have read almost all relevant posts but it seems I am not configuring the obi202 correctly
In general I have the following
a) I have a local line from atlasvoice (local canadian phone line) as SP1 and I use only the phone port1
b) I have a German ITSP (betamax clone) as ITSP B
Now I want to use my atlasvoice for my local numbers and all long distance numbers or international
should be routed from the betamax clock (ITSP B)
c) I have saved all my international numbers as #1-0044xxxxxx (I have added #1 in order to access the second provider since I am coming from the linksys spa3102.
Also I have to note since ITSP B is European the international access code is 00.
d) I am using default strings for digitmap outbound call route

Now what I want to achieve
a) I want to dial #1 and to route all my numbers i.e 0044xxxxx UK to ITSP B
b) I might add a third ITSP as C and I want to dial #2 0044xxxxxxx UK and the call to be routed
from ITSP C.

c) In more general can someone relate the digitmap/outboundcall route of SP and the digitmap of ITSP

Thanks

hwittenb

I am not quite sure exactly what you wish to do.  I know it was commonly used with the Linksys series of ata's, however I believe I would drop using the # as a dialing indicator since the OBi uses the character to trigger other functions such as calling the other phone in the SPA202, and of course the # is used to signal the completion of entering other numbers such as Call Forward number.  Using the # means that you would could impact other functions.

By default the OBi has a technique setup using **1xx. **2xx. **3xx. etc to direct calls to specific providers.  Using the established techniques simplifies customizing.

If you have your Betamax account setup as SP1, without changing any default Digitmaps or Outbound Routing you can always send a call to SP1 by preceding dialing the number with **1.  Your Betamax account will edit and reject a number that is not formatted correct.  If you wish to make sure all dialed number got to your Betamax account start with 00 you could edit the default DigitMap for the applicable ITSP Profile setup for Betamax.  For SpeedDials setup you can always send the SpeedDial to SP1 if you setup the SpeedDial with SP1 ... i.e. SP1(0044111222333)

For the calls going to atlasvoice, assuming you have it setup on SP2, just set SP2 Service as the Primary Line in your phone port.  For SpeedDials setup your local numbers prefaced with SP2(xxxxxxxxxxx)