News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo unable to port in Google Voice Number

Started by kaimingLo, May 03, 2014, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaimingLo

When I selected Anveo as my replacement provider for Google Voice, I requested my Google Voice number be ported in and used as the only line.  It said on the signup that it will only take 1 hour to port in my google voice number (415-xxx-3645)....it has been more than 24 hours, still my google voice number is not connected to Anveo.  Instead, they only connected me to a new number.  Opened an Anveo ticket, just said investigating.  Very disappointed at Anveo service.

Codesmith

Does any of this help?

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1316844?hl=en
Port your number out of Google Voice

Your Google Voice number is automatically locked to prevent it from being ported out without your consent. Before you can port your Google Voice number to another service provider you must first unlock it.

There is a one time $3 fee to port your number away from Google Voice. For users who ported their mobile numbers into Google Voice, the fee is waived.

To unlock your number simply:

Go to www.google.com/voice/unlock and sign into your Google Voice account.
If you only have one Google Voice number click Unlock my number underneath your Google Voice number. If you have more than one number, select the number you wish to port away from the drop down menu and then click Unlock my number.
Click Continue to confirm that you wish to unlock your number.
Sign into Google Wallet to complete your port out process.
Once you're done your Google Voice number is ready to be ported out.

You can then initiate the port with your new service provider (you can use your Google Voice number as your account number).

If you initiate the port before unlocking your number, the port will be blocked and we will email you with the unlocking instructions.

AlanB

The new number I probably just temporary. I suspect their porting vendor is having problems.

I emailed Anveo customer service with a comment this morning and got a quick and helpful reply. Email customer.support@anveo.com

AnveoRep

Underlying CLEC had software glitch with their LNP system. All phone numbers had to be manually provisioned by CLEC guys and in turn we also had to process them on our end manually. Once they correct the error the porting will complete automatically within 1 hour again.

AlanB

Wow. Literally only two hours ago I contacted Anveo and suggested they consider a presence on this forum for at least the next few weeks. I got a reply that they would forward the idea on to the management. Now there already seems to be some presence. Way to go Anveo!

kaimingLo

Good news....finally Anveo resolved the problem which was due to a porting glitch with the carrier in this case. The carrier had to manually provision the phone numbers to Anveo accounts. Anveo then manually added the number to my account. In my case,  :DAnveo tested it and I tested it.  Problem resolved.