News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo Outage for Anyone Else?

Started by crackie, May 03, 2014, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackie

Have had Anveo for a week now.  My phone number has been unreachable in 503 area code for the past 30 minutes (get "number out of service message").  No service outage notices posted on their service status webpage.  Anyone else having this issue?

Only a week in and already an outage.  Perhaps Anveo can't handle the porting volume from Google Voice?

crackie

An update...I can reach the number from a Verizon Wireless cell phone but not from a Comcast landline. 

MikePA

Quote from: crackie on May 04, 2014, 12:00:47 AM
An update...I can reach the number from a Verizon Wireless cell phone but not from a Comcast landline. 
Instead of being 'An update...' shouldn't your post just say, "Nevermind'?

AlanB

Yep sounds like a Comcast issue. You should probably mark this as solved.

crackie

Could just as easily be an inbound trunking issue for Anveo.  If I had to bet where the issue is...my landline with Comcast that has never had an issue in the 4 years I've had it or the service with Anveo I've had for a week, my guess would probably be the latter.

Doesn't seem like any others are having issue, so may just be localized.  Can't even open a trouble ticket with Anveo though to have them check into it, unless I want to pay them $5.

Generally unimpressed with Anveo.

AlanB

Quote from: crackie on May 04, 2014, 10:04:04 AM

Doesn't seem like any others are having issue, so may just be localized.  Can't even open a trouble ticket with Anveo though to have them check into it, unless I want to pay them $5.

I haven't figured out what the tickets are for. I've had good correspondence through customer.support@ Anveo.com.

MikePA

Quote from: crackie on May 04, 2014, 10:04:04 AM

Quote from: crackieI can reach the number from a Verizon Wireless cell phone but not from a Comcast landline.

But it's an Anveo problem.  I guess Anveo is locally blocking your Comcast trunk. Oh key dokey. ::)

crackie

Alan B - Thanks for the heads-up on the Anveo customer support email address.  Have a ticket in with Comcast as well in the event it is on their side.  Will close the loop on the board either way.

MikePA - Your analysis of potential traffic engineering issues and LEC inter-exchange trunking has been insightful.

MikePA

Quote from: crackie on May 04, 2014, 06:18:14 PMMikePA - Your analysis of potential traffic engineering issues and LEC inter-exchange trunking has been insightful.

You're welcome. I am sure your attitude an open mind regarding the potential root cause of the problem will result in a speedy resolution.

Are you still getting the "number out of service" message? If so, have you tried reprovisioning your Obi?