News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

want to use Obi202 with GV and IPComms

Started by martinsmithson, May 05, 2014, 07:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinsmithson

PROBLEM SOLVED . . . ADDITIONAL RESEARCH and IPComms Technical Support . . . my first new IPComms number is working well.  Now to setup the 2nd.

Thanks for your reply, Taoman.

= = =

Hi,

I have a new Obi202 and it is currently setup with 4 GV phone numbers.

I want to keep 2 of the GV numbers (as SP1 and SP2), and then add 2 IPComms phone numbers (as SP3 and SP4).  

The initial setup began with one Google Voice phone number, and then I added a 2nd, 3rd and 4th GV number.

I know how to delete the 2 GV numbers (SP3 and SP4), but I cannot figure out how to add the IPComms info because setup remains as Google Voice.

I have the IPComms info and after reviewing other members' posts, I believe the setup would be executed for a GENERIC SIP.  

In summary, how can I add 2 IPComms accounts, as SP3 and SP4, to my existing Obi202 where SP1 and SP2 are Google Voice numbers?

Hope my explanation is not too poor to understand.

Thanks in advance for your comments and support.

Regards,

Martin

Taoman

Quote from: martinsmithson on May 05, 2014, 07:44:32 AM

I know how to delete the 2 GV numbers (SP3 and SP4), but I cannot figure out how to add the IPComms info because setup remains as Google Voice.

You'll have to explain that statement. Have you deleted SP3 and SP4 or not? What does "setup remains as Google Voice" mean? If you've deleted SP3 and SP4 then just start the configuration process and yes, you will have to choose Generic Service Provider for an IPComms trunk. Are you using the free IPComms DIDs or paid ones?

I assume you've already gone into your IPComms account and configured your DIDs under SIP Call Routing? Won't work if you haven't done that.