News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simpler configuration using VG1 for Circlenet

Started by Shale, May 05, 2014, 04:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shale

Note first attempts did not work. I may update this with a clean post. But for now, the final thing that I fixed was to use my account number for SIP rather than the "login username" (that is for web only it appears).

Skip down to reply #8 for the good info.

=====original post below=====
I am looking for a minimalist starting point with Circlenet. My plan at the moment is to make Circlenet be used whenever I use a **5 prefix, just like other ** codes. Thus starting an entry in the speed dials with **5 will send that number to Circlenet, as will dialing **5 manually as a prefix.

Here is what I think I need to do

1. To the appropriate Phone digit map, add "**5(Mvg1)|".

2. To the appropriate Phone Outbound Outbound call route, add add
"{(<**5:>(Msp5)):vg1},".

In setup for Voice Service>Gateways> Voice Gateway 1, set
Enable (already ticked)
Name: Circlenet  ****optional
Access Number: east.circlenet.us  **** need *info* on this
DigitMap: (xxxxx.) **** making sure 911 never goes here
AuthUserID:  <'Your login username'>
AuthPassword:  <'Your password'>

That Access Number bit confuses me. The admin guide says
QuoteThe gateway's OBiTALK number, including trunk information, such as:
PP(ob200112334) or PP(ob300331456)
If the value is blank, device treats this VG as disabled.
Starting with release 1.2, this can also be set to a SIP URL, such as:
SP1(sip.mycompany.com:5060), or SP2(192.168.15.113)

What really goes in the Access Number field, and why would PP or SP2 be involved?
What else  have I missed?

giqcass

**5 won't work.  Its in use somewhere else to the best of my knowledge.
Quote from: drgeoff on April 23, 2014, 07:05:53 AM
Quote from: giqcass on April 22, 2014, 11:26:10 PM
I tried **5 but it seems to conflict with some other rule.
I'm sure I read somewhere that **5 is hardcoded into OBis.  Adding a device to OBiTALK?

http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/add?nxtstep=2

**7 is available I believe.
In the Physical interfaces >> Phone ports
DigitMap add this inside the
|**7(Mvg1)

OutboundCallRoute add this to the end
,{(<**7:>(Mvg1)):vg1}

Voice Gateway 1

Enable         X
Name         circlenet.us
AccessNumber      SPX(outbound.circlenet.us)
DigitMap                   I left it default but you can add something to catch 11 10 and 7 digit dialing like below.
AuthUserID      Your user id 111111111111   
AuthPassword           Your Password

Digit map below for the Voice Gateway. Hopefully I didn't miss anything here this is untested so try it with the default first till you are sure all the other parts are working.
(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

EDIT: It's best to specify a SP slot in the AccessNumber feild.  Voice gateways will use some setting from the service provider set up.  The SPX must refere to a provider using SIP.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Shale

I switched to **7.

I get a spoken error message:"there is no call route available to complete your call".

Here is my modified Phone 1 OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**7:>(Msp7)):vg1},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

giqcass

Try this

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**7:>(Mvg1)):vg1},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

QBZappy

Quote from: giqcass on May 05, 2014, 05:35:57 PM
**5 won't work.  Its in use somewhere else to the best of my knowledge.

**5 is used to register the unit to the portal.

Example:
     Please pick up the telephone handset, and dial **5 7047
      • You may hang-up when you hear the automated response.

Trying to connect to your device... (Timeout in 85 seconds)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

giqcass

Quote from: QBZappy on May 05, 2014, 07:07:23 PM
**5 is used to register the unit to the portal.
LOL that's why I don't know what it is!  I don't use the portal.

Shale

Thanks.

I my local call log, I am seeing this for my latest attempts:
From PH1 To PP1(19876543210; GW=tbound.circleneces)

I also tried a numeric IP, and initial 2 digits were missing from the log.

What seems more concerning, is the PP1.

This is using an OBi202.

Edit: Made progress by changing vg1 AccessNumber to "sp3(outbound.circlenet.us)". [My SP3 is set up for SIP.] Then got message that the number was rejected by the provider... It then proceeded to read off **7 followed by the phone number.

So I changed  VG1 digit map to "(<**7:>xx.)", but that  changed the error to fast busy. The logs show
To SP3(19876543210@outbound.circlenet.c) 

21:36:23  Call Ended (403 Forbidden)

I will try later...

I am not doing anything with settings I did not mention. I think I need to go after this when I am fresher.

Shale

In case there was something special about **7, I decided to change my prefix to 992.

After various things, here are my settings:
========begin new settings===========
Access Number:
sp4(outbound.circlenet.us)
Voice Gateway1 DigitMap
(<9921:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<992:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)
AuthUserID and AuthPassword are filled in.
Enable is ticked. Name is Circlenet.

Phone 1 digit map:
(992xxxxxxxxxx|9921xxxxxxxxxx|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone 1 Outbound call route:
{911:sp3},{933:sp3},{(Mvg1):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Per http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4977.0 I made some more entries:
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName : FakeName
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : unchecked
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
=========end new settings=============
Invoking  quickdial which contains 9929876543210,
Where 9876543210 represents the 10-digit number being called.
Making the call {3 rising beep tones},
"the number 9929876543210 was rejected by the service provider, reason is 403". That means that there was no 1 injected before the 10-digit number as expected. So Voice Gateway1 DigitMap was not processed it appeared at first impression.

Yet in the OBi202 call history, I get
Call 1 05/06/2014    12:16:58  
12:16:58 From PH1 To SP4(19876543210@outbound.circlenet.)  
12:17:00  Call Ended (403 Forbidden)

What??? I note the 992 was removed and the 1 was inserted. So Voice Gateway1 DigitMap was processed.

I think I should give up on the VG1, and instead just put Circlenet on SP4. After all, if I am not trying to produce multiple caller IDs as classpro is doing on the big, thread, then what does using a VG do for me. But I thought I would pause for comments before making that move. Thanks.

giqcass

My current config working.  My Sp4 is a Callcentric account with no special settings.  Please note I did not use "login username" for my auth user ID on the Voice Gateway.  I used Circlenet Account number.  Perhaps that will help.

Phone Port 1
DigitMap  
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**7(Mvg7)|**00(Mvg8)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**00:>(Mvg8)):vg8},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7}

Voice Gateway7
Enable         X
AccessNumber      SP4(outbound.circlenet.us)   
DigitMap         (xx.)
AuthUserID      Circlenet Account number   
AuthPassword            Password

an outbound call for me using the gateway looked like this in call history.
To SP4(14198675309@outbound.circlenet.e)

Shale

Quote from: giqcass on May 06, 2014, 03:01:37 PMI used Circlenet Account number.  Perhaps that will help.
That's it!!! Success first try after that change.

Both my 992 prefix (invoking VG1) and my **4 invoking SP4 work. I should look to simplify, but for now I will just be glad it works both ways.

Is your Callcentric SP one that does not use registration?

giqcass

Callcentric registers.  I don't think the Voice Gateway cares about that.

ProfTech

Hello Shale,
I found your post about Voice Gateways and have a question I thought maybe you could answer. When I use a Gateway in the "normal" way with FlowRoute, my user id is shown on the other persons caller ID as my caller ID. That is, when user id and password are specified on the AuthUserID and AuthPassword lines. I know I read somewhere that others have seen this phenomenon but can't find it now. CWU sets the CID in their portal so it works fine with them but FlowRoute doesn't have any way to set it. I tried specifying the user id and password using the ui=option in the access number field but when I did, it corrupted the out dialed number. Instead of dialing 12172234567@blah it dialed 1217223@blah which of course fails. I thought maybe if I put the uid / & password there it would let me put my actual CID number in the other field, but never got to the point of testing that. Any ideas?

*edited* i got it to out dial by dropping the op= part but it ignores the CID I put in the AuthUserID field and FlowRoute still shows my User ID.  :(

vtsnaab

A query for Gigcass, please:
Quote from: giqcass on May 06, 2014, 03:01:37 PM
My current config working.  My Sp4 is a Callcentric account with no special settings.  Please note I did not use "login username" for my auth user ID on the Voice Gateway.  I used Circlenet Account number.  Perhaps that will help.

Phone Port 1
DigitMap 
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**7(Mvg7)|**00(Mvg8)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**00:>(Mvg8)):vg8},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7}

Voice Gateway7
Enable         X
AccessNumber      SP4(outbound.circlenet.us)   
DigitMap         (xx.)
AuthUserID      Circlenet Account number   
AuthPassword            Password

an outbound call for me using the gateway looked like this in call history.
To SP4(14198675309@outbound.circlenet.e)
I will soon need to add CircleNet to my Obi110 and currently the only portions in use are SP1 & 2.
With the model of Obi that I have, I do not recall ever seeing something called 'phone port 1' or the like.

Would you please help those of us with the lesser models to know what will work in adding CircleNet as a VG ??

I have never used a VG in any manner and feel quite lost in looking at the info you've posted for the higher model Obi box.

Thanks !!

giqcass

Quote from: vtsnaab on May 16, 2014, 01:26:43 PM
I will soon need to add CircleNet to my Obi110 and currently the only portions in use are SP1 & 2.
With the model of Obi that I have, I do not recall ever seeing something called 'phone port 1' or the like.

Would you please help those of us with the lesser models to know what will work in adding CircleNet as a VG ??

I have never used a VG in any manner and feel quite lost in looking at the info you've posted for the higher model Obi box.

Thanks !!
On you device I believe it should be
Physical Interfaces >>> Phone Port

Your DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute will be much less complex then the version in the 202.  I think we can use **3 on the Obi100 series since you don't have a service provider 3.

In the OutboundCallRoute you will add this to the end
,{(<**3:>(Mvg1)):vg1}

In the DigitMap you will place the following toward the end just before the final )
|**3(Mvg1)

The Gateway will be set up like this.  You will notice the reference to SP2 in bold.  That refers to service provider slot 2.  It does not use service provider 2 but it does use some basic SIP settings from the service provider 2 configuration.  That can be set to SP1 or SP2 but whichever one you pick MUST NOT be set as a Google Voice account because it needs those sip settings.  So, if service provider 2 is Google Voice switch that line to
SP1(outbound.circlenet.us)   instead.
Voice Services  >>> Gateways and Trunk Groups
Voice Gateway1
Enable         X
Name         circlenet.us
AccessNumber      SP2(outbound.circlenet.us)  
DigitMap         (xx.)
AuthUserID      Circlenet Account number  
AuthPassword            Password

vtsnaab

Thanks Gigcass - I will try this and post back.

I very much appreciate your willingness to be so helpful !!