News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 Google Voice numbers -- must sign up for 2 VOIP accounts?

Started by TylerSD, May 06, 2014, 08:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerSD

Hi,

I am making the dreaded switch over to a VoiP due to the May 15 Google Voice transition.

I signed up for PhonePower with one of my 2 Google Voice numbers, but now I'm trying to figure out my options for my other number.

Before the switch, with my Obi100 device, I can switch between SP1 and SP2 to call out using different Google Voice numbers (I press **2 to call out from SP2).  I'm afraid in order to keep this going, I'm going to have to sign up for 2 PhonePower accounts, which doubles my costs.

Any other ideas around this so I don't have to pay 2 monthly rates to be able to use my landline for 2 Google Voice numbers (one is personal, one is work)?

For incoming calls, I might just be able to forward my other Google Voice # to my new PhonePower # by adding it in Google Voice settings (testing this out), but not sure what I can do for outgoing...

Thanks!
Tyler

VoIP2Go

Why not sign up for a prepaid VoIP account so there is no additional monthly fee for outgoing calls? You'd have to pay a small amount per month for the incoming DID number but it may (or may not) work out to be less than a 2nd PhonePower account.
DNS redundancy, Provider redundancy and DoS Ready.

Hank_OBI

Quote from: TylerSD on May 06, 2014, 08:27:19 AM
Hi,

I am making the dreaded switch over to a VoiP due to the May 15 Google Voice transition.

I signed up for PhonePower with one of my 2 Google Voice numbers, but now I'm trying to figure out my options for my other number.

Before the switch, with my Obi100 device, I can switch between SP1 and SP2 to call out using different Google Voice numbers (I press **2 to call out from SP2).  I'm afraid in order to keep this going, I'm going to have to sign up for 2 PhonePower accounts, which doubles my costs.

Any other ideas around this so I don't have to pay 2 monthly rates to be able to use my landline for 2 Google Voice numbers (one is personal, one is work)?

For incoming calls, I might just be able to forward my other Google Voice # to my new PhonePower # by adding it in Google Voice settings (testing this out), but not sure what I can do for outgoing...

Thanks!
Tyler

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, but I have multi OBIs and GV accounts, some of the OBIs are overseas as it is a cheap way to side step international calling.  I signed up for multiple Phone Power accounts one for each OBI, over all for us it is still the cheapest way to go.  I choose the $59/yr unlimited plans which is still really cheap when you think about it.

paulsalem

Here is my plan.  I think it will work but I'm a noob at this SIP stuff.

Currently have 2 GV#s (mine and wife) being used on my Obi 100.

Obtain 2 free CallCentric Inbound numbers.  Forward each GV number to one CallCentric Inbound numbers.
Use CircleNet for outbound calling.  I'm not sure if I need one CircleNet account or two, to enable caller ID spoofing.  I'm still learning all this stuff.

I just haven't figured out how to get it to work yet following azrobert's guide http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7614.msg49958#msg49958.  Other's have so I'm sure I'm messing it up.