News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

high pitch constant background noise

Started by wadewood, May 06, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadewood

I had my Obi 100 setup with google voice on both SP1 and SP2 (one for me, one for wife).  This has worked great but with GV going away, I switched.  Now using voip.ms for SP1 did incoming/outgoing and got a callcentric free did for SP2.  These are both registered and working.

However, I getting a constant high pitch background noise on my home telephone attached to Obi.  I never had this issue before.  It's there a soon as I get a dialtone.  It's there when receiving a call on SP2.  So since it's there with both voip.ms and callcentric, it's has to be with obi device?

Shale

Does the noise appear while your OBi is talking to you? Dial ***1 , and see if the noise appears during the network status message. I suspect the problem is with your power supply.

wadewood

I tried attaching a non cordless phone direct to OBi and the background noise went away.  I then attached my cordless base unit using short cord to obi and noise was gone.  I'm getting interference in the wiring someplace to where cordless base station normally is positioned.  I'll track this down, but not an Obi issue.

t5564

I have the same high pitch sound on my 202 using wired or wireless and the 1062.

I used different power supplies from other devices and connected them to less used outlets. They both have a constant "low" high pitch sound.

This is an old post, but does anyone else have the same issue? I got my devices from amazon and I can still return them.