News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Looking for Guinea Pigs with an ObiBT and an Alarm System

Started by VoIP2Go, May 07, 2014, 07:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoIP2Go

In theory, it should be possible to connect an alarm panel that uses the Contact ID alarm format (70-80% do) into an Obi and make calls via a cell phone to an alarm receiver.

Due to the problems associated with sending DTMF over GSM, it is highly unlikely that an alarm signal would be accepted by a conventional alarm receiver. I'm not sure about DTMF over CDMA, so perhaps someone could educate me on this.

Anyhoo, I developed a software based alarm receiver that understands the problems of DTMF and I'm really keen to find out what combination of cell phones and networks we can reliably decode alarm signals from. This is where you guys come in.

If you have the necessary equipment and a bit of time to spare, I'd really appreciate if you could fire some alarm signals in my direction. There are 3 phone numbers that may each give different results:

516-324-4188, 786-475-4001, 516-926-1187

It would help if you could program account code 1234 into your alarm panel just for the tests, but it's not essential - just PM or email me to let me know you have tested. You can check the results yourself here... http://www.ipalarms.net/login.aspx?id=1&password=demo

Actually, Obi users can also use the above numbers for testing alarms over a VoIP service, but that's one for another day as my current interest is the ObiBT.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can participate  ;D
DNS redundancy, Provider redundancy and DoS Ready.