News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Leveraging Callcentric IP Freedom DID’s with Google Voice

Started by Usetheforceobiwan, April 13, 2014, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bergman

What is your experience with call quality on the CC DID? I have Google directing to a CC DID as a test. I'm finding the usual mixed bag in terms of VOIP call quality and I have lots of bandwidth.
Has anyone found a solution with more consistent call quality?

mj56gt

Quote from: BobTeatow on May 07, 2014, 09:01:56 AM
For outbound calls I'm going to try LocalPhone.com - which is as cheap as $.001/minute when you "subscrbe"
Personally I'll subscribe for 800 minutes / $1.60... (that's $.002/minute) "overages" or no subscription rate is $.005.

Yes, I'd rather use just  GV or just Callcentric or just LocalPhone - but being a computer phone/geek - I'll use all three + my OBI (two devices for two people) to get the features I want.

I'm leaning toward adopting the combination of GV + Free CC DID + LocalPhone + Obi110. One thorny issue for me is, what is an optimal way to get E911? Any suggestions?

AlanB

Quote from: mj56gt on May 08, 2014, 09:24:21 AM

I'm leaning toward adopting the combination of GV+ Free CC DID+LocalPhone+Obi110. One thorny issue for me is, what is an optimal way to get E991? Any suggestions?

I assume you mean e911.  Since you are setting up a CallCentric account anyway, one option is to add CC "Pay per Call" to your account.  It has a $0 setup fee and $0 monthly fee.  When you sign-up, indicate that you are calling from the US or Canada and e911 will be added to your account (I can't recall the exact fee.  Then provision CC to your Obi in addition to LocalPhone.  As a bonus, you'll have an extra account for making outgoing calls should you ever have any problems with LocalPhone.

MikeHObi

Quote from: bergman on May 08, 2014, 05:21:22 AM
What is your experience with call quality on the CC DID? I have Google directing to a CC DID as a test. I'm finding the usual mixed bag in terms of VOIP call quality and I have lots of bandwidth.
Has anyone found a solution with more consistent call quality?

I've never had quality problems with Callcentric calls that came directly to my DID there.  I only had problems when the calls went through google voice and were forwarded to callcentric.  And those problems only started occurring after November of 2013.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.