News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can I have both failover and voicemail on Future9?

Started by ebow, May 07, 2014, 10:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebow

Using Future Nine or the OBitalk config portal, is it possible to set up my service so that when my internet connection is working normally, incoming calls go to voicemail after, say, 20 seconds, but when the OBi device is offline for whatever reason, incoming calls failover to another number (e.g., my cellphone)?

I tried adding my cell # as a priority 2 destination for my DID (in the F9 config page), with a longer timeout than my SIP (priority 1) destination, but a test call got redirected to my cell instead of landing in voice mail.

edit to add: Would like to do this without Google Voice if at all possible

edit #2: I am using an OBi100, and will have no PSTN and just one VOIP provider in my ideal final configuration

nitzan

At least at this point it's not possible. A priority 2 will always get processed whether your adapter is reachable or not - I'll see if we can change it so it's possible to only forward if your adapter is offline.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

ebow

Thanks for the response, though it's not what I was hoping of course. Hope you can implement an "adapter offline" failover setting as it would provide some nice peace of mind. I believe other services offer this, though I can't be sure as it's not obvious whether everyone means the same thing by "failover".