News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot verify vestalink number with google

Started by nkolodij, May 07, 2014, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkolodij

I've just setup vestalink on my obi110 with no problems. I am able to make and receive calls, also able to spoof my google number (which needed verification).

My problem is when I try to forward google to vestalink number it rings , I answer, but the 2 number verification does not work. It keeps saying "I didn't get that," and asks you to try again. I tried hooking up 3 different phones with the same results.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

nkolodij

Still no luck. I tried forwarding vestalink number to 2 different cell phones, tried a dmtf tone generator and still no luck. Vestalink support was no help, very frustrating.

No one else had this problem?

Taoman

Quote from: nkolodij on May 07, 2014, 04:32:56 PM
Still no luck. I tried forwarding vestalink number to 2 different cell phones, tried a dmtf tone generator and still no luck. Vestalink support was no help, very frustrating.

Even a tone generator didn't work? That's strange. You could always download their softphone and verify it that way. When I was with Vestalink their cloudphone worked quite well. And it's all automated so it takes about 30 seconds to install and set up.

nkolodij

Quote from: Taoman on May 07, 2014, 05:24:02 PM
Quote from: nkolodij on May 07, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

Even a tone generator didn't work? That's strange. You could always download their softphone and verify it that way. When I was with Vestalink their cloudphone worked quite well. And it's all automated so it takes about 30 seconds to install and set up.

Cloud Softphone did not work.

nitzan

Try to change your Obi DTMF Method - try RFC2833 first, and if that doesn't work try InBand. If neither works then it's probably a problem on the VestaLink network or with their carrier.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

nkolodij

OK, finally got it working. I am not sure which did it, I rebooted the obi right before I changed DTMF Method to InBand. Vestalink is working great as of now.

Thanks nitzan

Note: Changing DTMF Method to "InBand" is the fix as someone else had same problem and this worked.

Change your Obi DTMF Method (OBI110):
1. Log into http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/login/
2. Cick "Home" (above SP1) -> Obi Expert Configuration -> Enter Obi Expert
3. On the left side click "Service Providers" then choose "ITSP Profile A General" (for SP1) or "ITSP Profile B General" (for SP2) depending where you setup vestalink.
4. "DTMFMethod" uncheck "OBITALK settings" then choose "InBand" from the dropdown menu below "Value"
5. Click "Submit"

vgsmike

New Vestalink customer here too. I had this issue with GV not recognizing my button presses, and the above resolution works.

However, it didn't work at first. I had to completely reset the Obi to get it to work. I removed the Obi 202 from my account, reset it to factory default, added it back to my account, and then added Vestalink and made the "InBand" change. NOW it works!

So just a heads up for anybody else that has this problem. The above solution will work, but if it doesn't, you might have to go the extra mile by resetting it to completely clean out the old GV settings.

intelafone

Quote from: nkolodij on May 08, 2014, 10:35:17 AM
Note: Changing DTMF Method to "InBand" is the fix as someone else had same problem and this worked.

Quote from: nitzan on May 07, 2014, 08:14:05 PM
Try to change your Obi DTMF Method - try RFC2833 first, and if that doesn't work try InBand. If neither works then it's probably a problem on the VestaLink network or with their carrier.

Yes do this!

This is a configuration issue with the device. Please make sure your DTMF calling is enabled on your Obi expert config page. Also set the DTMF method to InBand. This should resolve the issue. If you used the automatic setup tool you will have to factory reset your device and add it to the ObiTalk.com portal to configure these settings. This should resolve the issue!

We have had a lot of success recommending this to our customers that are encountering trouble with Google Voice verification calls. If that still isn't working please contact us at support as we want to get this resolved for you.
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting