News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Super-Basic Question: How to set-up/access Anveo Voicemail?

Started by wilberfan, May 07, 2014, 11:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilberfan

I haven't stumbled upon anything that shows me where/how to setup/access voicemail for my new Anveo setup.

I managed to play back a voicemail from the Anveo Dashboard--but don't have a clue how to set an outgoing message, PIN, etc, etc.

:-[

Shale

I only know how to do it with the Call Flow and Call Flow Builder.

I would be difficult to really explain how to run the Call Flow Builder just using words. There is a voicemail element, and clicking the pencil icon, as with other elements, lets you configure that element.

ProfTech

I believe that dialing *123 is supposed to let you record your greeting. You can retrieve your messages by dialing either *97 or *99. If you use *99 you have to enter your pin to listen to the messages. With *97 you do not. Their Voice mail system is very basic but is capable of most of the everyday things you want to do. The various prompts that the system uses are not very personable. As far as the PIN goes, you have to enter it on Anveo web page as Shale said.

AlanB

*123 won't work unless you set it up in your Obi first.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6736.0

For best quality, I'd suggest recording your message on your cell phone or computer to a file and then uploading it.

As far as the call flow goes, you might want to look at this one I've already uploaded to this website:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7879.0

Shale

Nice. I do something similar with my call flow. That "Turing test" for numbers not in your contacts list has been very useful to me.  Mine is more complex (because I could) but yours has the important functions.

I did move away from the Goodies due to a delay factor while the processor figures out if the call is a fax call. What I do instead is have the Press Key have an unannounced option that leads to a Fax control. If somebody wants to send me a fax, I would have them block caller ID and then choose the special fax touchtone. Then press Start on the fax machine. It hasn't happened yet, but I had fun thinking it through.

Until I saw that you had attached that *.anv file, I did not know that we could do attachments. I also had not thought about importing an *.anv file to view it. Since that does not affect your actual call action unless you assign that call flow to your number, it does not change things unexpectedly.

I recommend others take a look. To assign a call flow to a number, click Phone Numbers -> Manage Phone Numbers ->Edit->Call Options. That would be done after making changes for your own choices.

MikeHObi

Note, you can have multiple voice mail boxes within an Anveo Call flow.  Each one allowing a different greeting message.

I use this to simulate the groups that google voice supported so that family get a more personal greeting, and others get a more formal greeting.  I also allow family voice mails to be longer, and limit the length for others as well as family are a higher resolution audio file, and others are less so.

I even take advantage of the ring-back sound available with Anveo so that when our phone is ring those calling us hear some music or other thing we might want people to hear.  I used Audacity and some trial and error to edit a section of a song and get the best quality for the given bandwidth.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

wilberfan

Only vaguely related--no where else to post this--but why am I not getting e-mail notification of replies to topics I've subscribed to (like this one)?  I have to keep coming back here (manually) several time a day to check for responses...

Shale

MikeHObi

Quote from: wilberfan on May 08, 2014, 11:47:15 AM
Only vaguely related--no where else to post this--but why am I not getting e-mail notification of replies to topics I've subscribed to (like this one)?  I have to keep coming back here (manually) several time a day to check for responses...

The cookies the site sets are working.  So I just come back every couple days and just look for the new messages.  If you click on the new image next to the subject you are taken to the point in the thread where the new messages start.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.