News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Steps to migrate from GV to PhonePower

Started by C6silver, May 09, 2014, 12:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C6silver

I have added an additional item at the bottom of my OP that calls out an issue with VM related to whether Google or PP will pick it up.  Something to be aware of.

StormChaser

Did test calls with call screen on and off. Now that it is off I do not have the press 1 to take the call issue. Thanks. 

C6silver

Quote from: StormChaser on May 24, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
Did test calls with call screen on and off. Now that it is off I do not have the press 1 to take the call issue. Thanks. 

Excellent, glad this cleared the issue.

StormChaser

Received incoming call from my son this morning.

Land line rings. CID shows my son's name and number. Answer phone.
Say Hello. Very slight pause. Then hear the recording "call from xxxx to take the call press 1." Press 1 on the handset and the call is connected to my son.

When the call was finished I went to my GV settings. It is still set to Call Screening Off. So, what happened?

Taoman

Quote from: StormChaser on May 26, 2014, 10:30:43 AM

When the call was finished I went to my GV settings. It is still set to Call Screening Off. So, what happened?

In addition to setting it under "Calls," you also have to look under "Groups & Circles" also. Settings in "Groups & Circles" will override settings set under "Calls" which, of course, is what you want. This allows you to set call screening for one group of callers and have it turned off for another group of callers (like family).

StormChaser

All Call Screening settings in Groups & Circles were on. Turned off and test call was answered direct.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.