News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Auto Attendant to make calls while outside the US

Started by Moch, May 02, 2011, 09:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moch

I have an Obi110 using VoIP.ms on SP1 (and GV on SP2), I'm in the US. My parents will be travelling to Europe, and will have a UK cell phone - I have the following plan to allow them to make calls to others in US while they're travelling, using the Auto Attendant.

I have an iNum through VoIP.ms, which is set to ring my main account (on SP1 as mentioned). So my parents could call their local iNum access number wherever they are, enter my iNum and be connected to my Obi110. I'll enter their UK cell phone number in my Circle of Trust so they should be greeted by the Auto Attendant; they now press "2" and enter any number they wish to call, which will route it out via SP1 by default and so pay very low rates through VoIP.ms (plus whatever it costs for them to call that local iNum access number).

Thoughts on my plan to implement this? I can't think of a cheaper/easier way to achieve this, would appreciate all suggestions - thanks!