News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice outgoing not working. Fixed! Extreme user error.

Started by giqcass, May 13, 2014, 07:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

As of today I can't dial out using Google Voice directly from my phone.  Everything looks fine in the setup. Google Voice shows registered.  We did have a power outage which may not be a coincidence.  I'm also keenly aware of the approaching cutoff date.  Callbacks initiated via the GV website still work even when using chat the Obi rings.  Google Voice still shows registered so my failover via trunk group did not work. When a call is placed by dialing the number from the handset I get no service configured error.  
The system shows peer number =  pp(ob222222222*982)

When I place a speed dial call SP1(number) I get rejected reason 503.
HardwareVersion   1.4
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4142)

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this recently?

From Wikipedia
Quote503 Service Unavailable
   The server is undergoing maintenance or is temporarily overloaded and so cannot process the request. A "Retry-After" header field may specify when the client may reattempt its request.[1]:ยง21.5.4
504 Server Time-out

Edit:  It appears all services are doing this.  I will need to look through the system.  The power outage may have done something.
Long live our new ObiLords!

gderf

Works for me. GV SP status should be 'Connected' not 'Registered'.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

giqcass

I have no idea what happened but I found the most curious obi related issue I have ever seen.  My Obi202 has partially copied my Obi110 config.  I don't know how much just yet.  I also don't have a good explanation because the 110 is not in use.

giqcass

I now have a working theory of what happened.  LOL  User error!
The events leading up to this. 
I was helping someone on the forum with setup of an obi110. 
I had both my 202 and my 110 local config open.
I made mods to the 110 config to test. 
I saved a piece of the original 110 comfig to make restore easy.
I restored the 202 with the 110 config.
Everything continued to work normally for at least a week because I did not reboot the 202.
Power outage = reboot.
New config takes over today.
Everything was broken. 
OOPS!
CONFUSION! 
LOL!

Fixed!

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.