News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Re-setting up OBi after dropping GV - OY VEY digitmaps again...

Started by Rick, May 14, 2014, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Just spent the last few hours adding Callcentric back to my OBi and getting that to work, via forwarding my GV number to Callcentric.  In the process I found a bug where nocallerid calls forward to my cellphone, via GV, even though it's not checked.  Posted that on the GV forum.

Next I went and changed my 911 forwarding back to 911 and tested that it went to the right emergency center.

Since we rarely make outbound calls where we don't use our cells (except for a fax), I'm thinking of setting my OBi up where outbound calls go to a no service message (i.e. SP1), where 911 calls go to SP2 (already setup) and if I do **2 the outbound calls go to Callcentric.

Then, if I want to make an outbound call while sitting at my PC, I simply have GV call the house phone on the free Callcentric DID, then make the call.  And changing the digitmaps reminds my wife to make the call on her cell (she'll never use the GV callback).

Now comes the fun task of trying to understand Callcentric's default digitmap  -

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)     

as compared to the one I used for GV -

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1734>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)     

and figuring out what to do next.  Where is RonR when we need him?   :D

Shale

Quote from: Rick on May 14, 2014, 11:28:19 AM
Now comes the fun task of trying to understand Callcentric's default digitmap  -

(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)     

as compared to the one I used for GV -

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1734>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.) 

I suggest you also review the OutboundCallRoute while you are at it.

I don't know what Mipd is. I see in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.140 they got rid of that. Ditto for |[^*#]@@. I wonder what the **275*x. thing is. Maybe it is some kind of Callcentric test string.

I see you had 7-digit dialing in your GV one. You could fill that area code into your OBiTalk non-expert mode and it will adjust your string for that before you switch to expert mode, or you could add back the <1734>[2-9]xxxxxx  bit.

Rick

{911:spX} in the Outbound call route lets only 911 calls out.  Now I have to figure out how to incorporate that into SP1, and with SP1 the default it should work just fine. 

Shale

Since Callcentric supports 933, I suggest adding 933 to your string. http://www.callcentric.com/faq/23/158 So your string would be at least {911:sp2},{933:sp2},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} if using SP2.

mj56gt

I'm using callcentric DID for incoming and LocalPhone for outgoing calls on SP1. Sorry for a newbie question. Where did you get the E911 service? CallCentric?  And how to set it up?

Rick

Yes, Callcentric provides E911 as part of your incoming service (unless you mislead them to think you were outside of the US and Canada).  On their site they verify it's established, then all you have to do is dial 911 to the SP you have Callcentric setup on.

mj56gt

Quote from: Rick on May 15, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
Yes, Callcentric provides E911 as part of your incoming service (unless you mislead them to think you were outside of the US and Canada).  On their site they verify it's established, then all you have to do is dial 911 to the SP you have Callcentric setup on.

Thanks for the information! For incoming calls, I forward my callcentric number to LocalPhone and then configure SP1 with LocalPhone. And the outgoing calls are through LocalPhone. So with this configuration, would the callcentricl E911 still work? If not, how to solve the problem?

Rick

So you get calls on your Callcentric number, then forward them to  your Localphone number.  Why?  What's the benefit in doing that

If you have no way to make outgoing Callcentric calls, then you can't use their E911.

mj56gt

Quote from: Rick on May 15, 2014, 11:02:54 AM
So you get calls on your Callcentric number, then forward them to  your Localphone number.  Why?  What's the benefit in doing that

If you have no way to make outgoing Callcentric calls, then you can't use their E911.

I chose LocalPhone for outgoing calls because their rate is very low: $0.005 per minute for US/Canada calls. Is it possible to set the Voice Gateway for callcentric E911?

Rick

One problem with asking questions on the forum is when you give answers and then people don't answer your follow up questions.

I asked you to explain why you take your incoming service's calls (Callcentric) and then forward them to  your outgoing service (Localphone).  Makes no sense to me.  So you're getting free incoming with Callcentric, but then PAYING THEM to forward you call to Localphone.  Why would you do that?

mj56gt

Quote from: Rick on May 15, 2014, 12:00:24 PMSo you're getting free incoming with Callcentric, but then PAYING THEM to forward you call to Localphone.  Why would you do that?

Sorry for the confusion! I forward the callcentric number to the Localphone URI, and there is no cost involved as far as I can tell. Hope this clarifies.

gderf

You don't need to have paid for outgoing service with Callcentric to get E911. You can have that with any DID they offer.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

mj56gt

Quote from: gderf on May 15, 2014, 12:06:38 PM

You don't need to have paid for outgoing service with Callcentric to get E911. You can have that with any DID they offer.

Yes, I understand this. My question is, suppose that I get an E911 service from an ITSP (e.g., Anveo, Callcentric, etc.), how do I configure it on OBi? Use another SP slot or voice gateway?

Rick

Quote from: gderf on May 15, 2014, 12:06:38 PM

If you don't setup Callcentric on one of your SPs, then how do you dial 911 and have it go to them.  It seems he's sending his incoming Callcentric calls to Localphone and therefore doesn't have Callcentric on either SP.