News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV# forwarded to Anveo

Started by Jackson, May 14, 2014, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

I signed up for the Obi basic plan.  Decided to leave GV# as is and just forward.

It seems to be working fine on a few calls I've received, except I end up with zero second Anveo voicemails.  The incoming calls never made it to voicemail BTW.  I Just deleted GV from my Obi to see if that may be the issue.

Thought I'd check here before opening a ticket.

On another note Chrome will not let me sign in at Dslreports, I get the new 'Cannot Connect....' page.

QuoteWhat does this mean?

secure.dslreports.com normally uses encryption (SSL) to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to secure.dslreports.com this time, secure.dslreports.com returned unusual and incorrect credentials. Either an attacker is trying to pretend to be secure.dslreports.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

Shale

Quote from: Jackson on May 14, 2014, 02:06:29 PM
I signed up for the Obi basic plan.  Decided to leave GV# as is and just forward.

It seems to be working fine on a few calls I've received, except I end up with zero second Anveo voicemails.  The incoming calls never made it to voicemail BTW.  I Just deleted GV from my Obi to see if that may be the issue.

What is working fine? Are you saying that your phone on your OBi rings, and you can chat if you pickup the phone. But when somebody who calls does not get an answer, he is prompted to leave a voicemail voicemail, and attempts to leave a voicemail, there is no content when you dial *97 and attempt to listen to the voicemail?

Are you sure that the local phone's answering machine did not pick up? Unlikely, but thought I would throw that out.

Are you using a Call Flow?

Jackson

QuoteWhat is working fine? Are you saying that your phone on your OBi rings, and you can chat if you pickup the phone... 

Yes, shoulda been more clear.  Someone calls, still using the GV# which I have set to forward to Anveo,  I pick up after a couple rings, we chat I hang up. The forwarding is working as it should.  Not talking about a missed call or it going to VM, just a normal chat.

A few minutes after I hang up the phone starts blinking (VM indicator).  I then have to hit *97 and listen to the spiel, hitting 3 (after listening to silence) to delete.  If I log into Anveo the duration of the "VM" is 0 sec.

The only change I have made is to extend the VM pickup time to 30sec.

bsdaiwa

This may help..
If you want to keep using the GV voicemail, go to your Anveo account and edit the default Call Flow to lengthen the VM delay to 45 sec or more (it defaults to 25 sec when it was created).

AlanB

Yes, that should help.  You can't change the timing of GV Voicemail.

Another option is to use a Call Flow to totally remove Anveo Voicemail.

Jackson

Well I really want nothing to do with GV's VM.

I did 2 things, removed GV from Obi and rebooted it.

That said things seem to now be fine (will find out later after a few more calls), no phantom VMs from a couple of chat's.  I turned on my Uniden's answering machine and set it for 6 rings and had a test call/VM made, it worked fine. Previously with only GV even 4 rings would often result in GV VM picking up. Today I'll shut off the machine and do a test of Anveos's VM. 

FWIW call quality seems very good (on both ends) forwarded thru my GV#.  Will see if it remains that way.

Thanks to all who replied.

kaborka

When I talked to the Anveo CSR before buying, he recommended porting, as some folks were allegedly having problems forwarding GV to Anveo DID. I didn't port, and I've been forwarding calls from GV for a couple weeks now. Never a glitch, and CQ seems better than the Obi GoogleChat client was.

Jackson

Do you leave "Forwards calls to: Google Chat" still ticked?  I left it ticked.

AlanB

Quote from: Jackson on May 15, 2014, 02:56:27 PM
Do you leave "Forwards calls to: Google Chat" still ticked?  I left it ticked.

No need for that option anymore.

MikeHObi

Quote from: Jackson on May 15, 2014, 05:59:24 AM

If you are forwarding from GV to anything you are stuck with google voice mail.  The only way to avoid it is to answer the call before the google voice voice mail timeout period.   Noting that the clock for this period starts counting some time before Anveo may ring your obi.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

AlanB

Quote from: MikeHObi on May 15, 2014, 05:01:38 PM
Quote from: Jackson on May 15, 2014, 05:59:24 AM

If you are forwarding from GV to anything you are stuck with google voice mail.  The only way to avoid it is to answer the call before the google voice voice mail timeout period.   Noting that the clock for this period starts counting some time before Anveo may ring your obi.

Otherwise you will need to port your phone number.  I've been very happy with mine at Anveo.  I would suggest that you consider waiting on the port though.  I'm sure porting volumes are very high right now, so that probably means more likely to have a delay or error.  Perhaps live with GV Voicemail for a few more weeks until things quiet down if you decide to port.

Jackson

Quoteforwarding from GV to anything you are stuck with google voice mailforwarding from GV to anything you are stuck with google voice mail
You are correct, just tried it. That's a drag that it can't be turned off.

kaborka

The default delay time for Anveo VM is 25 seconds.  When I first started forwarding my GV to Anveo, the Anveo VM took the call before GV did.  In my case, I wanted to keep using GV VM, so I increased the delay in my Anveo call flow to 45 sec. I don't think you should have any problem using Anveo VM with GV forwarding.  It is probably worth a ticket to try to sort out what's going wrong in your case.

AlanB

True. You can use Anveo VM but not turn off GV Voicemail so there is no guarantee GV VM won't pick up first. Don't waste a ticket.

Jackson

FWIW getting GV to send VM notifications to my main Gmail account (my GV# was on another) was a bit of a pain as It would not allow another Gmail addy.  Had to use a filter forwarding from my GV accountto my main and all is fine now.