Which voip gives me 2 locations? Gvoice forwarded to two different houses. 110s.

Started by JPinCT, May 14, 2014, 05:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPinCT

Last minute, need to pick up a service since gvoice drops obihai support today! Sigh, I will likely be late.
Anyway . . .
I have two houses, and my Gvoice number now rings in both places at different Obihai 110s.  Which voip provider should I sign up with?
I want to use my two obihais -- one in each house. I would have my gvoice forward to the two Obihais.  It could be one voip number, so when Gvoice forwards the call it would be received by one number in two locations. Or I could get two differnet voip numbers -- but I don't wan to pay for two separate voip accounts.
And I want the voip to spoof my gvoice number so everyone sees me calling from my gvoice number.

nitzan

You can do this with Future Nine. See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7625.0
We'd have to manually create a sub-account for the second adapter, but it's pretty straight forward other than that.

Not sure about other providers.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

JPinCT

Quote from: nitzan on May 14, 2014, 06:17:40 PM
You can do this with Future Nine. See: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7625.0
We'd have to manually create a sub-account for the second adapter, but it's pretty straight forward other than that.

Not sure about other providers.

I see 8 pages on future 9! spent 20 minutes reading, did not find the bit about sub-accounts.  Can you please point me a little more specifically?

Also, I see future 9 does not transcribe voicemails. If i leave it as GV forwarding to future 9, can I set it up so that future 9 does not keep any voicemails, instead GV would take the voicemail and send me the transcribed email as ususal? Or is it designed so that once the call is forwarded to future 9 it is one way sent to future 9 and must use the future 9 voicemail?

Thanks!

HighTechnology

I think you can do what you want with CallCentric, by using extensions. 

In the Callcentric dashboard, you'd first set up an extension (e.g., 101), then go back to the dashboard and in the call treatments you would set up a rule for simultaneous ring of both extensions.

Register the first OBI as normal with your SIP user ID of <1777xxxxxxx> and password.  Register the second OBI the same way, but using the SIP username of <1777xxxxxxx101> in the OBI-- basically you append the extension number to the SIP username...

Callcentric offers free NY DIDs, so you can get a free DID which you could have GV forward to that will ring both OBIs.  If you don't want to use Callcentric for outgoing, then you'll need an outgoing provider on the other SP of the OBIs.  My current choice for that is Circlenet, since it's pure pay per use at very good rates.  I am a light user (this is a secondary line -- we have FiOS phone as a primary), so I would rather pay a few bucks a month for my actual usage than pay a monthly fee for a bucket of minutes.

As a disclaimer, I assume this works for outgoing too, but I only use Callcentric for incoming so I can't be sure.