News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Power - Good so far, have a question

Started by jcrouch, May 15, 2014, 09:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcrouch

So after spending many hours reading the forums here (thanks of the great advise!) and elsewhere I decided to go with Phone Power's $59/yr unlimited plan.

I had been using GV for a long time and never had any issues with it, and I thought that the sound quality was good. But right after setting up Phone Power I immediately noticed that the calls were much clearer.

I used the Obitalk links to auto-setup Power Phone, and I 'think' I did it right. Some of the process wasn't too clear. I overwrote SP1 with Power Phone, so GV is completely gone. Now when I look both SP1 and SP2 are setup for OBi PhonePower and they are both Registered. When I look at the details both of them are exactly the same, and niether have "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" checked. But I can make outgoing calls and the caller ID on the other end has my GV number. I added the new PP number to GV and forwarded it to PP.

Looking at the OBi Expert Config under Service Providers, ITSP Profile A SIP has "sip.phonepower.com" set as the Proxy Server and Outbound Proxy. ITSP Profile B SIP does not have any of the proxies set to anything.

Questions:

Will the GV forwarding option keep working after today?

Does it seem like I have Phone Power setup properly? Mainly I wonder about PP being in both SP1 and SP2, and the fact that neither has the "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" box checked.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Taoman

Quote from: jcrouch on May 15, 2014, 09:17:28 AM

Will the GV forwarding option keep working after today?

Does it seem like I have Phone Power setup properly? Mainly I wonder about PP being in both SP1 and SP2, and the fact that neither has the "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" box checked.

Yes, GV forwarding will continue to work.

If you are making outbound calls successfully you must have a primary set. What is the following set to:

Physical Interfaces>Phone>Phone Port>PrimaryLine

Make some inbound and outbound calls. Then go to your call history and see what SP trunk is being used:

Status>Call History (this is on the Obi itself, not thru Obitalk web portal)

Whichever SP trunk is being used for inbound/outbound calls you should be able to delete the one that is not being used. Just be sure you aren't receiving calls on one SP trunk and making calls on the other one before you delete anything. They are both showing as "registered?"

jcrouch

Physical Interfaces>Phone>Phone Port>PrimaryLine = SP1

I'm not at home now, Ill have to check the SP trunk later tonight. If its SP1 too I'll go ahead and delete the SP2.

Thanks for the info!

Jeremy

jcrouch

Taoman,

You nailed it. All of my Outbound calls are on SP1, Inbound are using SP2.

Is there an easy way to fix this? Should I fix it, whats the harm is having them split up like that?

I can always do a factory reset and reprovision Phone Power, but if there is a fairly simple way of getting my Inbound calls on SP1 I'd rather just do that.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Taoman

Quote from: jcrouch on May 15, 2014, 07:01:00 PM
Taoman,

You nailed it. All of my Outbound calls are on SP1, Inbound are using SP2.

Is there an easy way to fix this? Should I fix it, whats the harm is having them split up like that?

There is no harm in having them split as long as you don't need the trunks for any other service provider. It's no different than having one provider for incoming and a different provider for outgoing calls. You just happen to be doing it with the same provider. PhonePower allows up to 4 simultaneous UA registrations. So you could go install a softphone on your computer and your smartphone and you'd still be good to go.

You could try setting
Physical Interfaces>Phone>Phone Port>PrimaryLine to SP2
and reboot. After reboot make more incoming/outgoing calls and check logs to see what's happening. You should have both incoming and outgoing going thru SP2.