News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VestaLink registration on ObiTalk configuration

Started by DocHudson, May 15, 2014, 11:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHudson

I have Obi 100 device and yesterday I signed up for VestaLink.

After VestaLink sign up, when I tried to push configurations to Obi100 device, it popped up the login window. I tried all possible combinations of login and password but it would take none, still after 2 minutes it told me the configurations were sent.

Google Voice number was always forwarded to chat and my cell for last 2 years, when the calls were getting forwarded seamlessly. Yesterday, I added VestaLink number to it and now if I don't pick up the phone quickly, it tells the caller that VisaLink number is not available, and sends it on Vestalink's voicemail (instead of home phone).

The configurations on ObiTalk website look as follows

Does anyone know how to address it?

Thanks in advance.

intelafone

Hey there DocHudson,

The automatic setup tool clears out the current configurations on your Obi device and adds your account's SIP credentials to SP1. Also it disassociates your adapter from the OBiTALK.com dashboard. I recommend that you, and anyone else having a similar issue, to factory resetting your device and reconfiguring manually by selecting Vestalink from Obihai's approved provider list.

To manually configure your Obi device, add it to the OBiTALK.com dashboard and configure in the Vestalink SIP credentials by following the steps on this tutorial.

If you have already used the automatic setup tool in the Vestalink web portal, that disassociates your device from the OBiTALK.com dashboard. You will need to factory reset your Obi device by dialing ***8 and then 1 to confirm, re-add it to the OBiTALK.com dashboard and delete any prior entries for that device, and then follow the steps in the tutorial linked above.

Let us know on support if you have any other trouble getting configurations to work or if you have any questions about the service in general!
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting

DocHudson

Thank you.

I reset Obi100 using ***8 and then 1, went to VestaLink and resent the configuration. This time the login diaglog box did not appear and the configuration was sent successfully. I tried calling on Google Voice number (which is to be forwarded to VestaLink number) and looks like it worked.

Will update if it fails.