News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up PhonePower with OBi100, switching PP from SP2 to SP1

Started by R2D2, May 15, 2014, 12:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2D2

Here is my experience setting up PhonePower with the OBi100.  When I purchased PhonePower service I did it a week before May 15th, and set it to use SP2 figuring I would switch it to SP1 on May 14th.  I couldn't figure out how to do that on my own, so I dug around the forums and found my answers in several places, so I decided to relay the information here in one spot.

There were a lot of suggestions to just set SP2 as primary and not worry about switching it to SP1, however I couldn't find an explicit direction for doing that.  I still feel like it was in front of my nose and I didn't see it!

So, this link http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7465.0 sent me down the right road, I'll embellish BHochstrasser's instructions here, my comments in parentheses.

BHochstrasser's said:
I don't know if this helps or not, but I have a couple of Obi100 devices and I was able to go through the PhonePower setup a couple of times without any major issues.  Because they auto-provision (R2D2: I'm still not sure what this means), here are the steps I took.

De-coupled any provider from SIP1 and SIP2 on the Obi100. (R2D2:  on left, click on Obi Dashboard, then under "My Obi Devices" click on Obi100, screen changes to "Device Configuration".  At bottom under "Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)" I deleted both SP1 and SP2 by clicking the trash can in right hand column)

Deleted the Obi100 from ObiTalk. (R2D2:  under the "Device Configuration" box in the lower right corner click blue button that says "Delete Device")

Using a paperclick, held the reset for 15-20 seconds until I got a fast blinking green light to properly factory reset.  (R2D2:  On the Obi100 device, the reset button is located on the bottom inside a "raised" hole.  I used a small paper clip, and missed the button at first, but tried a second time and was able to do a reset)

From ObiTalk, Add New Device. (R2D2:  self-explanatory)

Entered the "**5-xxxx" code from my phone handset to register the factory reset device with ObiTalk. (R2D2:  When you select "Add New Device" the next screen that comes up will give you this "**5-xxxx"code, after you dial the code into the handset you will hear a confirmation message)

Setup new provider for Obi100 within ObiTalk, choosing PhonePower. (R2D2:  on the left hand side, select "Approved Service Providers", the next screen shows PhonePower, click on the blue button that says "Learn More", the next screen shows the plans available, scroll down below those options (this assumes you have already purchased your PhonePower plan), select your Device and your Service Provider Slot, pick SP1, and checkmark the options you want below that.  At the very bottom, you'll see two choices, on the left in blue is "To restore an existing Phone Power account click here" on the right in blue is "Sign-up at PhonePower.com!", since you have already purchased your plan, click on "To restore an existing Phone Power account click here".  You will be taken to the PhonePower website)

Entered my existing PhonePower login credentials.  (R2D2:  use the username and password you used when you signed up for PhonePower.  The next screen will show a button that says "Resync My Device" click on that, when you go back to ObiTalk, and look at your dashboard it should show SP1 as Obi PhonePower, status registered.)

Choose the correct Obi100 and SIP1.
Done!

So, all of the above was from one post in the above link, I next used this link to finish GV setup.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7960.msg52143#msg52143  .  I started on step 12, since all of the previous steps dealt with setting things up as you were purchasing your plan, and I had already done that a week earlier.

The moral to my story, is that in order to switch SP2 to SP1, I had to delete them both, then resync my device through PhonePower, through ObiTalk.
I hope this helps someone.

tchanta

I followed this same procedure after struggling with my Obi100 and Phone Power. I wanted to have Phone Power on SP2 and keep Google Voice on SP1. After 2 days of Service not registered, I deleted the device from Dashbooard, hard reset with paperclip and readded it with Phone Power on SP1. I haven't seen a problem in a week.

colleenz

I want to delete SP2 from my Obi dashboard. I don't see how to do that. Do I need to reset the Obi200?
Thanks, Colleen

drgeoff

No, do not reset as that will wipe all your settings.

On the dashboard, click on your OBi.  The next screen will have a line for each SP with a dustbin (trashcan in your parlance) at the right hand end.