News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble with Anveo

Started by John1000, May 15, 2014, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John1000

Hi

I am having some trouble with Anveo.  I ported a number from Google Voice just yesterday, Paid for a year, Setup went fine, everything seems to check out, SIP looks ok and I am online, but the account shows an additional 25 cent fee for "phone number subscription".  Since the account is shows a negative balance it refuses to take incoming or make outgoing call. According to the recorded voice when I try to make a call "the balance of your account is too low".  Anveo did not respond to the ticket.   The phone support in the billing office hangs up after sending you through the full tree. The only option seems to be adding more money to the account is in $20 increments through Paypal.

Couple of questions:
Is Anveo always this bad to deal with?
Does anyone know what a "number subcription fee" is?
Is there a work around for covering the .25 fee? I don't want to give them an additional $20.  That may just be throwing good money after bad.  I am not impressed with anything about the service.

Does anyone know of a way of contacting Anveo that they will respond to?

I ported my Google Voice number to them and I am afraid if I terminate the service I will never get the ported number back. I am getting pretty close to contesting the $39 charges through PayPal and starting over with a new number and a new carrier.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.  I am kind of frustrated because I need the phone and have spent several hours trying to resolve the issue already.

John

riyanweb

Quote from: John1000 on May 15, 2014, 12:38:59 PM
Hi

I am having some trouble with Anveo.  I ported a number from Google Voice just yesterday, Paid for a year, Setup went fine, everything seems to check out, SIP looks ok and I am online, but the account shows an additional 25 cent fee for "phone number subscription".  Since the account is shows a negative balance it refuses to take incoming or make outgoing call. According to the recorded voice when I try to make a call "the balance of your account is too low".  Anveo did not respond to the ticket.   The phone support in the billing office hangs up after sending you through the full tree. The only option seems to be adding more money to the account is in $20 increments through Paypal.

Couple of questions:
Is there a work around for covering the .25 fee? I don't want to give them an additional $20.  That may just be throwing good money after bad.  I am not impressed with anything about the service.

I ported my Google Voice number to them and I am afraid if I terminate the service I will never get the ported number back. I am getting pretty close to contesting the $39 charges through PayPal and starting over with a new number and a new carrier.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.  I am kind of frustrated because I need the phone and have spent several hours trying to resolve the issue already.

John

I'm having this problem as well, please help because i think im about do to the same thing your doing.  :-[

einandrew

Quote from: riyanweb on May 15, 2014, 01:10:49 PM
Quote from: John1000 on May 15, 2014, 12:38:59 PM
Hi

Couple of questions:

John

I'm having this problem as well, please help because i think im about do to the same thing your doing.  :-[

I am in the same boat. Someone please assist. I did notice that my SIP is showing "registered" instead of "connected" like my google voice account used to show.

Jackson

QuoteI did notice that my SIP is showing "registered" instead of "connected"

"registered" is correct.

einandrew

Quote from: Jackson on May 15, 2014, 03:03:58 PM
QuoteI did notice that my SIP is showing "registered" instead of "connected"

"registered" is correct.

So I think I fixed the issue. Before, I deleted the configuration for google voice because I thought I was soley using anveo. When I just re-added it, my calls went through. Anveo also reflected this on my call log and total minutes. I think it has something to do with me porting my number over I guess?

John1000

Hi Again:

Its working.  The 25cent charge went away and the service works as it is supposed to.  I did not change configuration, settings or anything like that.  I wrote Anveo a ticket saying that I was going to file a complaint with Paypal for failing to deliver the service.  I quess it takes them some time respond.  Its a lot of frustation over 25cents when the fix is that simple.  Oh well.  You would have thought they have seen the problem before and had a global fix.  I hope this is last glitch.

Thanks for the help.
John

Babs

I had the same problem in May and had to use my free ticket to get them to take care of the problem. However, today I can not make or receive calls--they tell me the account balance is again too low. I can't send a ticket because my account is too low. I can only pay $20 to get the phone working again. I paid for the basic service and got my receipt and was supposed to be paying $3.33 per month. Incoming calls are free and I know I haven't used up my monthly minutes. Any suggestions?

c3c3

$3.33/month is already prepaid for the year, so that's not the issue.  My guess is that you have used services not covered by the prepaid plan, so you need to bring the account balance back to positive before you can continue.

Shale

Go to the account transactions report, and click Generate.
https://anveo.com/reports.asp?report_code=report.account.transactions

You may want to change the date range, since the default seems to be from the beginning of the current month.