News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV + PhonePower, Obi220, callforwardonbusy to PH2 results in press 1 to accept

Started by simpleAnswers, May 15, 2014, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpleAnswers

Ok this is something I have been doing with the original GV XMPP setup without any issues.

On the Obi220 I have SP1 setup with the GV Chat and set the 'CallforwardOnBusy' to ph2(#). This results in Phone 2 ringing if I was on a call on Phone 1 and I got another call. This has worked fine.

I switched to Phonepower and setup GV to forward calls to Phonepower number which now rings on OBi.
Same setup as before with the CallForwardOnBusy except for one annoying new change.
Now when I get a second incoming call, it correctly rings on Line 2, but when I answer, I get a really pointless message.  "Call from unknown number, please press 1 to accept...". I don't understand why this is now happening.
My investigation appears to indicate that this is actually a GV message which is even more confusing.
When I switch back to using GV XMPP instead of PhonePower, the message disappears.

Anyone got any ideas?

azrobert

Incoming calls on Google XMPP always screen calls and requires you to press 1 to accept the call. The OBi has an option to automatically enter the 1.

Voice Services -> SP1/2 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening

For Google XMPP you can't turn off call screening.

Other forwarding numbers call screening can be turned off. Check your GV options and if call screening is on, turn it off.