News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VOIPO voicemail

Started by jdubb7, May 03, 2011, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdubb7

I'm using Voipo with Obi110.  My voicemail number is 123.  I can call this when hooked up to the Voipo adapter but can not when connected to the obi, it says I need additional digits to complete call.  Is there any way to call 123 to check voice mail using the obi?

RonR

Assuming you have Voipo configured on SP2/ITSPB, make the following change to the ITSPB DigitMap:

(123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

jdubb7

I have it set to SP1/ITSPA so I would change it there right?  This is what it says now...
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1413>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

the 1413 Im assuming is my local area code which I don't want to loose (don't want to have to dial 413 before making local calls).  By changing this to what you posted will it erase the area code and if so is there a way to do both?

Thanks for the prompt reply, it was very helpful.

RonR

Use this DigitMap on ITSPA:

(123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1413>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

jdubb7

this is in my digit map in profile A
(123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1413>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I changed the digit map then did a power cycle on the whole system (modem, router, obi).

It still says I need more digits when I dial 123

RonR

BTW, do you have your PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service or is still at PSTN Line?

You really shouldn't need any changes to DigitMaps in your case.

I fear your 123 is going out the LINE Port instead of SP1.

**1 123 would send it out SP1 if PrimaryLine is still at PSTN Line.

RonR

If the problem is in fact that your PrimaryLine is set to PSTN Line and the 123 is going out the LINE Port, you have two choices:

1. Set PrimaryLine to SP1 Service so calls go out SP1 (Voipo) by default instead of the LINE Port and make calls out the LINE Port using **8 + number.

2. Leave PrimaryLine set to PSTN Line so calls go out the LINE Port by default and make calls though SP1 (Voipo) using **1 + number.

Keep the DigitMap I gave you, but you can remove the 123| rule:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1413>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

jdubb7

I changed the digit map back, however still can not call 123.  I also tried **1123.  If I pick up the phone wait for a dial tone then press **1 it begins to ring before I can finish dialing the 123.

RonR

Are you sure the phone you're dialing from is connected to the PHONE Port on the OBi?  And your landline is connected to the LINE Port on your OBi?  It sounds like your telephone is conncted to your landline.

jdubb7

Ok, If I use the phone connected to the Obi and dial **1123 I get the voice mail.  Nice, thanks.

The Obi is also connected to a phone jack in the house and I have a phone plugged into another house phone jack.  This is the phone that I was trying to call voice mail from. 

Now that I've been messing around with this I noticed that I can make calls with this phone, but it does not ring when I call the house with my cell, only the phone plugged into the obi rings.   I though that by plugging the obi into the house all the existing phone jacks work through the obi.  Can I only make call and not receive them from the house or am I doing something wrong?

RonR

The PHONE Port on the OBi can only be connected to telephones that you wish to be under the OBi's control.  You MUST not connect your telephone company landline to this same pair of wires.  Doing so can potentially damage the OBi.  The telephone company landline should be connected to the OBi's LINE Port.  You can have other telephones on the telephone company landline, but they will not be under the OBi's control and will work only with your landline.

Normally, all telephones are on the OBi's PHONE Port and the landline is only on the OBi's LINE Port.

jdubb7

I disconnected the landline from the line jack.  I have a phone connected to the phone jack on the OBi and HAD the landline connected to the line jack on the OBi with a phone connected to another landline jack.  This phone would not ring when I dialed my phone number. 

I do not have landline service, I could disconnect the landline outside if necessary and then would be completely disconnected from the local phone landline.

RonR

If you don't have landline service, you don't need anything connected to the OBi's LINE Port.

If you're going to use your house wiring to connect telephones to the OBi's PHONE Port, make sure it's disconnected from the outside landline wiring.  Many times, the incoming line from the phone company is still hot and still provides dialtone and 911 service even though you don't have landline service.

jdubb7

Beautiful  ;D.  I disconnected the jack outside, and plugged the phone port on the OBi to the landline.  My phone connected to another landline jack works (receives and dials calls) and I can access voice mail with **1123.

Now it makes sense how the Obi is working, however if you connect the landline to the phone port I don't get the purpose of the line jack. 

Regardless everything seems to be working great now. Thanks so much for the help. 

RonR

If you have a landline and it's connected to the OBi's LINE Port, the telephone connected to the OBi's PHONE Port can make calls though SP1 (Voipo), SP2 (GV or whatever you put there), OBiTALK (other OBi's), or your landline.  The OBi can also forward calls between these four ports.

You NEVER connect a landline to the OBi's PHONE Port.