News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't call home!

Started by jmk909er, May 03, 2011, 05:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmk909er

I have set up my obi 110 with google voice and I have it forwarding voice text to my wife's and my smart phones. I don't want our smart phones to ring when someone calls home but now if I try to call home from my smart phone it does not ring but asks for my pin and says if I have voice mail or not. How can I set it up so that I can call home?

Thanks, Joe

RonR

In advanced settings for your cell phone number in Google Voice, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

jmk909er

Thank you very Much! That did the trick.

jmk909er

Hey I have another question while I got ya...is there any way in google voice to have it send voice mail to my wife also? it does not want to accept her gmail address???

RonR

You mean an email notification of voicemail?  I see a link to add another email address.  I don't know why it wouldn't accept a Gmail address.

jmk909er

When I try to input it I get:

"You can not associate a Gmail address with your Google Account."

And:

"You can use alternate email addresses to sign in to your Google Account, recover your password, and more. Alternate email addresses can only be associated with one Google Account at a time. 
Note: In some Google services, if you share your alternate email address with your contacts, they might be able to learn your primary email address."

I have created a filter in my gmail account to forward it to my wife but will it do it if I am not logged in???

Thanks, Joe

RonR

These are questions for Google, not me.   :)

jmk909er

OK well thanks for all your help!

jimates

you can only associate one gmail address with each google account. The google voice account you are trying to add her gmail address to is already associated with another google account.

You can forward the email to the gmail account associated with the google voice number and any other @domain email addresses, but not another gmail address.